Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Made up this recipe today for dinner and it was a huge hit with the family. We all ate two wraps each, that is, except for my 13 year old son who ate 3,

Growing boys...:cool:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1 - 2 cloves finely minced garlic
  • 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce - I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hawaiian BBQ Sauce, but feel free to use whatever is in your stockpile!
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 1 package tortillas or wraps
  • Romaine lettuce leaves, stems removed
  • 1 -2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, depending on how much cheese folks like on their wraps
Directions:
  1. Heat up a large skillet until hot and then add the cooking oil, swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan and add the cut up chicken breasts.
  2. Stir-fry the chicken pieces until lightly golden brown on the outside.
  3. Add the finely diced red onion and minced garlic to the pan with the chicken and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes until the onions are starting to turn translucent.
  4. Add the drained pineapple tidbits, BBQ sauce and hoisin sauce to the pan and stir to combine and cook uncovered until the chicken is fully cooked inside and the sauce has started to thicken.
To serve:
  1. Place a some romaine lettuce leaves on a tortilla or wrap.
  2. Scoop some of the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken on-top of the lettuce.
  3. Top chicken with some mozzarella cheese.
  4. Wrap everything up like an open ended burrito and serve.
Delicious! :p

Leftovers would be great served cold the next day or warmed up over rice in a rice bowl. I think this would be lovely with some red bell pepper in it too. If you like the crunch and taste of raw red onion skip adding it to the cooking chicken and instead sprinkle it raw on your wrap. I did both, added a little raw to my wrap. The kids are not a fan of raw onion though...

Gardencook

Trader Group
Made up this recipe today for dinner and it was a huge hit with the family. We all ate two wraps each, that is, except for my 13 year old son who ate 3,

Growing boys...:cool:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
  • 1 - 2 cloves finely minced garlic
  • 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce - I used Sweet Baby Ray's Hawaiian BBQ Sauce, but feel free to use whatever is in your stockpile!
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 1 package tortillas or wraps
  • Romaine lettuce leaves, stems removed
  • 1 -2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, depending on how much cheese folks like on their wraps
Directions:
  1. Heat up a large skillet until hot and then add the cooking oil, swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan and add the cut up chicken breasts.
  2. Stir-fry the chicken pieces until lightly golden brown on the outside.
  3. Add the finely diced red onion and minced garlic to the pan with the chicken and cook an additional 3 - 5 minutes until the onions are starting to turn translucent.
  4. Add the drained pineapple tidbits, BBQ sauce and hoisin sauce to the pan and stir to combine and cook uncovered until the chicken is fully cooked inside and the sauce has started to thicken.
To serve:
  1. Place a some romaine lettuce leaves on a tortilla or wrap.
  2. Scoop some of the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken on-top of the lettuce.
  3. Top chicken with some mozzarella cheese.
  4. Wrap everything up like an open ended burrito and serve.
Delicious! :p

Leftovers would be great served cold the next day or warmed up over rice in a rice bowl. I think this would be lovely with some red bell pepper in it too. If you like the crunch and taste of raw red onion skip adding it to the cooking chicken and instead sprinkle it raw on your wrap. I did both, added a little raw to my wrap. The kids are not a fan of raw onion though...

Those sound delicious! We love wraps and bowls at our house!