Hash Brown Casserole (See Post #4)

K

Krisse2420

It sounds really good but I'm not sure how to make it. I have a bag of frozen hash browns, some diced ham, and shredded cheddar cheese, and I'm sure it needs some sort of cream of blank soup. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with this? Thanks in advance!
Krisse
:hysterical18:
Always on the hunt for new things for my 1 yr old to try.. because I grew up with food out of a can and she deserves better than that!

J

jkelstaten

My recipe is:

2 cans mixed veggies
1lb cooked ground beef (you could use ham too or whatever meat really)
1 can cream of whatever you want (I've tried it with cream of chicken, mushroom, celery, cheddar cheese soup all with great reviews)
1 bag frozen tater tots (or hash browns)
1- 8oz bag shredded cheese

layer the ingredients in order (mix together the cream soup with the meat), cover with aluminum foil, and cook at 350 degrees until heated through. Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes longer

I eat it with sour cream

S

spam574

1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
· 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 tblsp minced garlic in jar
· 1/4 cup butter or margarine 3 tblsp
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 3 tblsp
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 2-1/2 cups milk 1 ½ cup milk
· 8 cups thinly sliced red, white, long white, or yellow potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds) 1 bag of simply potatoes
Directions

1. For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
2. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 3-quart rectangular dish. Top with half the sauce. Repeat layers.
3. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 40 to 50 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Let stand, uncovered, for 10 minutes before serving.
4. Makes 10 servings
5. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: Prepare as above, except gradually add 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar, Gruyère, or Swiss cheese (6 ounces) to the thickened sauce, stirring until cheese melts.

Everything in red where the ingredients are is what I use to make it in a medium round pyrex baking dish. Makes enough for probably 4-6 servings and is awesome reheated.