Guacamole - soooo good!

E

ElaineHN

I made Elaine's Guacamole last night and it was soooooooo yummy! :BigHand: I thought I'd post the link here in case anyone was interested.

ETA: It may have more veggie ingredients than what a lot of poeple expect in guacamole. But I *LOVE* tomatoes and onions so I put more than most people. I know some of our friends say traditional guac. really shouldn't be much more than mashed avocado with a little bit of herbs for seasoning ... but they like my version too and gobble it up whenever I make it for cookouts and parties :biggrin:

J

Jiji

How is it different than "regular" guacamole? Or I guess I should say is it?

E

ElaineHN

I don't know :shrug7: ... I guess it would depend on what your regular recipe has in it. If your usual recipe has about the same ingredients, then it's not very different. It was just delicious and exactly what I'd been wanting.

L

latte

i pulled up the quac recipe, i dont think id even try it as it has sour cream in it, heres mine
post_old.gif
01-30-2008, 05:21:29 AM
latte
user_online.gif

Sparking.png

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Dairy Free Superbowl Ideas Please!!!
aside from what everyone else has said
guacamole
lattes quacamole
4 large avacodos peeled, and mashed
2 roma tomatoes ( if using larger tomatoes, you only need 1) chopped
4 cloves garlic (not the whole head, 4 little peices) finely chopped
2 limes (lemons work too, but i like limes) microwave for 15 seconds to extract juice ---or have small child smash them against a wall for a few minutes-- scrape pulp out of limes as well
1/3 bunch fresh cilantro (i dry the rest of it) chopped leaves
1 red onion chopped (i use red because i like the color)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (i always have sea salt, not always table salt)
mash avacados, add lime juice and lime pulp, add cilantro, garlic tomatoes and onions, stir really well (if you prefer "creamy" pulverize all ingrediants in food processor) refridgertate, serve with chips
optional ingrediants that taste good too
lavictorias green salsa (a few drops) pepper (a few dashes) or tabasco sauce ( a few drops)
hope this helps
*lattes recipe disclaimer*
i dont measure anything, these are all eyeballed amounts and this is the ONLY way i will eat quacamole

sorry, it was easier to copy and paste one of my posts then it was to retype it all

C

cheap-o

I don't like sour cream in my guac. I make it like every other mexican makes it. It is really yummy.

2 huge really ripe avacadoes
1 Med ripe roma tomato
Garlic salt
lime juice
Tabasco sauce (optional)

dice up your avacoados and smash slightly then add diced tomato. Add garlic salt and lime juice to taste. I like mine a little spicy so I use a little tabasco.

T

***Tiffany***

I have never tried Guacamole but I definitely want to. I think Ill give this a go!