If you love traditional Greek flavors, then this will be a recipe you'll be happy to add to your recipe collection. The feta cheese; kalamata olives; lemon juice & oregano, come together nicely to give you a uniquely flavored deviled egg.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in bowl
- 1/4 cup crumbled imported feta cheese
- 6 large Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 sprigs oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Large oregano leaves for garnish
- Mix the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Fill the whites evenly with the mixture and garnish each egg half with large oregano leaf.
- If you decide not to use imported feta cheese, and you use the more commonly found domestic variety, you might consider adding in a touch of salt to this recipe
Last edited by a moderator: