Recipes - Question Frozen crockpot meals...I have a question

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
My sister asked me today, if I knew if you could make one of the frozen crockpot meals (chicken and noodles) in anything other than a crockpot. She has one of the meals in her freezer (Angel Foods Ministries), but doesn't own a crockpot.

Has anyone prepared them either in the oven, or on the stove?

C

cheynesnana

I would think you could prepare it on the stove.. just keep it at a lower heat so it simmers.. would be just like a crockpot.. ;)

D

Dealio

I would put it in a lidded or covered casserole dish, and cook it in the oven at 325o. Check it after 2 hours, and add more time or water if needed.

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Thanks! I sent her your suggestions. I was lost on this one, although I cook a lot. I've never used the pre-fab crockpot dinners, since they all have meat in them. I knew someone here would be able to help!!

E

ElaineHN

I don't remember which brand, but some of the ones sold in the grocery store have non-crock-pot directions printed on the bag. It has been sooooo long ago that I bought them (when they first came out) and I did prepare mine in the crockpot ... that I don't remember what the directions were, but the suggestions here sound good to me.