French Toast Sticks

P

prvrbs31gal

We love this recipe. I freeze them in ziploc baggies and just take 'em out, microwave, and enjoy! Those of you Once-a-Month Cooks will love them, too.

Baked French Toast Sticks (Huge batch)

1-1/2 to 2 loaves of bread (the thicker the better)
1 c melted butter
16 eggs
1-1/3 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2-2/3 c milk
1 TBL vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Cut slices of bread into 3 sticks (sometimes I only cut it in half, if the bread isn't very thick). In a large bowl, mix together butter, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. Beat well. Dip sticks into egg mixture and place on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes (turn them half-way through... and if you've got 2 pans in the oven, switch those around, too). Cool and freeze. To reheat, place sticks on plate and microwave for 30sec - 1min depending on your microwave. Or, pop in a toaster oven.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LoisGriffin

Re: French Toast Sticks... great for OAMC!

Thanks for sharing, this sounds great!

N

niftyneon99

this sounds yummy!! I'm going to have to go get some texas toast and try this out!

M

momof2boys

Thank you!

Question, do they taste cinnamonie? {Is that a word?}

B

babygentry06

yummy, im going to try that.Thanks alot :)

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group

sounds good. I like using Texas toast from the Wonder Bread store for French toast (nice and thick and don't have to worry about it being stale LOL)

C

cutenirish

YUMMY! I'll have to keep this in mind we do sauce and soup once every 6 weeks or so.... I'll have to add this to my LIST of things to make- holy heck that's alot of EGGS!!!!!!!!

B

bexx09

Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it - thanks! :)

P

prvrbs31gal

The above measurements are actually quadrupled from the original... (it's much easier to do it this way and freeze then it is to make 4 different batches!) So you could easily halve it or quarter it if you don't have that many eggs!

If you like cinnamon, add more... I usually do!

A

amerline

sounds like a good way to use up excess bread or bread that is about to expire.

L

LoisGriffin

I just finished making it and it turned out yummy. I needed some breakfast road food for tommorrow. I halfed the recipe and only needed one loaf of texas toast. The baby loves them so much he's already eaten like 8!
Thanks again :)

mmb1996

Trader Group

cutenirish said:
YUMMY! I'll have to keep this in mind we do sauce and soup once every 6 weeks or so.... I'll have to add this to my LIST of things to make- holy heck that's alot of EGGS!!!!!!!!
sauce and soup?

C

cuzisaidso

Thanks prvrbs31gal! My son and I made this last night and now he's got breakfast taken care of for a few weeks.

C

cutenirish

mmb1996 said:
sauce and soup?
This is a Once a month cook idea right? I saw saying WE make enough sauce (pasta) and soup (chicekn noodle) for six weeks at a time so I'd add the french toast into my "things" to cook to eat later :)