Gardening & PTB - Foraging Foraging Websites, Blogs & Books

M

MrsPinecone

Foraging Websites:

Eat The Weeds by Green Deane, the most watched forager in the world

Wild Foods

Foraging Blogs:

www.66squarefeet.blogspot.com

Not entirely a foraging blog, but she does have a lot of cool stuff about wild edibles in NYC.

Foraging the wild for plants and stuff to eat. | Wild Food Girl - Wild Food Girl

The 3 Foragers: Foraging for Wild, Natural, Organic Food
Tips on identification, encouragement to 'eat the invasives' and recipes. They have a nice list of links to foraging and fungi resources down the right sidebar.

http://hungerandthirstforlife.blogspot.com/
Foraging information and a lot of delicious-sounding recipes.

Foraging Books:

The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants

Edible Wild Plants: Wild Foods From Dirt To Plate

Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MrsPinecone

Bumping because foraging season is upon us. Ramps and field garlic should be here soon!

M

MrsPinecone

Anyone doing any foraging this summer? We really haven't, unless you count the snacking on black raspberries from the edge of the playground at the park!

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
My husband is eyeing a big patch of Elderberries, just across the railroad tracks from his office. :giggle2: (They're on the edge of the woods, no one's personal property.)
They are his father's very favorite thing on earth.
(Which they apparently don't have in Arizona? :dontknow1:)
They're not quite ripe yet.

My question is, when he picks them, should I freeze them or dehydrate them, to make a pie with, the next time his Dad comes from Arizona?

M

MrsPinecone

Ramp and morel mushroom season is just about here. Anyone out hunting?

itsfun2save

Trader Group
I don't think its the season for it, but I would love to pick some fresh pecans when its time!

Anyone doing any foraging?

J

joshmamabear

I don't think its the season for it, but I would love to pick some fresh pecans when its time!

Anyone doing any foraging?
we have 7 pecan trees in our property and years when we have adequate rainfall, there's plenty for everyone who wants some. We pick them in the Fall, I give pecan pies as gifts on Thanksgiving to cashiers, bank tellers, library staff etc.

itsfun2save

Trader Group
we have 7 pecan trees in our property and years when we have adequate rainfall, there's plenty for everyone who wants some. We pick them in the Fall, I give pecan pies as gifts on Thanksgiving to cashiers, bank tellers, library staff etc.

Homemade pecan pies sound absolutely wonderful! Great idea for giving as gifts!