From "What's for Dinner" Viral Thread Foolproof Baby Back Ribs by Former Chef

pasharain

(ง︡'-'︠)ง ♥ Quasher of Dead Links ♥
I am going to teach you the foolproof way to cook ribs that are to DIE for! It's real easy too! This is how I made them when I was a chef:

Get out a big pot, the bigger the better , gotta give them room to move around a bit.

Take your baby back ribs and rinse them under cold water, into the pot they go.

Take a large onion, cut it in quarters and into the pot it goes
Take about 8 - 10 cloves of garlic, peeld and cut in half, into the pot with that
Salt & pepper the ribs good.

Cover with water, put them on medium on the stove and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat enough to simmer them gently, you don't want to boil them.

You will have to skim off the "scum" a couple times while they are cooking but when they start simmering, give them about an hour and a half.

Take them out of the pot and rinse them well in warm water to get the rest of the cooking scum off of them. (Don't use a sprayer, it will tear up the meat, rinse them by hand, yes they will be very hot) This is important to rinse them right away because if you let them sit and cool, the scum won't come off them easy.

They are now ready to be slathered with Sweet Baby Rays and put on a grill to sear in the sauce or in the oven. If you do them in the oven, put the oven to 400 degrees and do them on a foil lined jelly roll pan for about 20 - 30 minutes.

I GUARANTEE these will be the best ribs you ever ate in your life! You will almost be able to pull the bones out of them!

I used to make these at a private club I cooked for and when I had them on the menu I would go through about 100 slabs a night, they couldn't get enough of them.

You can also do the "POOR MANS RIBS" this way.

What are the poor mans ribs you ask? Next time you are in Kroger or Dominicks, see if they have the 10 pound box of what they call "rib tips", in the industry we called them feather bones, also pretty much the same thing you see on the big buffets people go to. You can usually get a whole box of them for .99 cents a pound and they are good tasting too. They are the trimmings they cut off of the baby backs before they hit the meat case.

Let me know if you make them how they turn out!

OP HERE by @NIGHTB1022

Q by @jenrose: I don't think I have a pan big enough to cook the whole slab in one piece. Do you chop them up before you cook them this way? Dh keeps trying to find the best way to do them but hasn't perfected his methods yet. I have a few slabs in the freezer and this sounds like a method to try.

A by @NIGHTB1022: You can cut them into 3-4 bone sections and do them this way. I have actually done them in the oven the exact same prep way too when I needed to have all my burners free-up for other things, and to do that use a big enamelware pan, prep the same way cover with the water and then cover the pan tightly with foil, and put in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for an hour and a half, they will simmer in the oven the same as on top of the stove.