Recipes - Tried & True eggplant parmesean

L

Laurabz7777

I got my original recipe from a website but have tweeked it to my own recipe.
This is what i have come up with you can tweek it to however many people you need to feed i normal have a regular cake sized pan full with this recipe

ingredients

1 eggplant
1 (2lb 13oz) garden combination Ragu (or your fav spaghetti sauce)I like this one cause it has chunks of veggies in it YUM
block of cheddar cheese or shreded cheese
can of mushrooms or fresh mushrooms
1lb of ground hamburger meat/or/2 chopped and cooked chicken breast
2 eggs
1 cup of flour
(optional you can add other veggies if you wish sometimes we add fresh cut up zuchini, or yellow squash)

directions

*shave the purple skin off of the eggplant, cut off the green stem and cut into medium (not to thick or thin) slices
*put egg and flour into two seperate bowls, dip each slice into the egg then the flour and place in the cake pan until the bottom of the pan is full of eggplant
* cook meat then add spaghetti sauce, pour a little over eggplant until all the eggplant is lightly covered
* add mushrooms and cheese to top of sauce
* then repeat for another layer leaving off the cheese (it burns at the top, you can add the last bit of cheese after it is almost done)
* cook for an hour and half or until the eggplant is tender add the last bit of cheese let it melt and it is good to enjoy!!!!

P

pussikat91958

I got my original recipe from a website but have tweeked it to my own recipe.
This is what i have come up with you can tweek it to however many people you need to feed i normal have a regular cake sized pan full with this recipe

ingredients

1 eggplant
1 (2lb 13oz) garden combination Ragu (or your fav spaghetti sauce)I like this one cause it has chunks of veggies in it YUM
block of cheddar cheese or shreded cheese
can of mushrooms or fresh mushrooms
1lb of ground hamburger meat/or/2 chopped and cooked chicken breast
2 eggs
1 cup of flour
(optional you can add other veggies if you wish sometimes we add fresh cut up zuchini, or yellow squash)

directions

*shave the purple skin off of the eggplant, cut off the green stem and cut into medium (not to thick or thin) slices
*put egg and flour into two seperate bowls, dip each slice into the egg then the flour and place in the cake pan until the bottom of the pan is full of eggplant
* cook meat then add spaghetti sauce, pour a little over eggplant until all the eggplant is lightly covered
* add mushrooms and cheese to top of sauce
* then repeat for another layer leaving off the cheese (it burns at the top, you can add the last bit of cheese after it is almost done)
* cook for an hour and half or until the eggplant is tender add the last bit of cheese let it melt and it is good to enjoy!!!!

Sounds wonderful... A must try!

C

CouponQueen23

Oh yeaahh!! I have been craving eggplant and this sound yummy!!

Thanks I will be adding this to my things to have real soon :)