Drunken Shrimp

V

vloglady

I can't tell you how many time I've made this. I made it for my SO's very special 50th birthday party. I make it for New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day.

I serve it over rice with bread to sop up the good sauce.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
  • package white mushrooms (or whatever kind you want)
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, recipe follows
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Scotch whisky
  • 1/2 cup green ginger wine or white wine
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup heavy cream
Directions

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice, whisky and ginger wine to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes.

Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Add the honey and cream to the pan and cook until thickened. Add the shrimp back to the pan, and stir well to coat and warm through. Remove the pan from the heat.

Serve over white rice with bread.

bugweena

Trader Group
I'm seeing a 'theme' in your recipes! lol. This one sounds great, too! Thanks for posting. I'm going to try some new recipes over the next couple of weeks and I am definitely adding this one to my "to try" pile!

V

vloglady

LOL. Yes, I do like to cook with wine/beer/liquor.

this recipe has THE most delicious sauce. It's a really great recipe for a special night. If you can't find ginger wine (I can't), use regular white wine. Or red onions instead of shallots.

bugface711

Mod of the Month 12/2010 Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Quǝǝn
Trader Group
This looks delicious! I will have to try it. I love cooking with shrimp.

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
This sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing. Just stumbled on it!:smile:

I can't tell you how many time I've made this. I made it for my SO's very special 50th birthday party. I make it for New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day.

I serve it over rice with bread to sop up the good sauce.

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
  • package white mushrooms (or whatever kind you want)
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, recipe follows
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Scotch whisky
  • 1/2 cup green ginger wine or white wine
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup heavy cream
Directions

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms to the pan and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice, whiskey and ginger wine to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes.

Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Add the honey and cream to the pan and cook until thickened. Add the shrimp back to the pan, and stir well to coat and warm through. Remove the pan from the heat.

Serve over white rice with bread.