1 Tbsp cinnamon

1/2 cup melted butter in separate bowl

Method:
  • Wisk dry ingredients together in bowl
  • Wisk wet ingredients together in separate bowl
  • Gently fold wet & dry mixtures together with spatula until just combined
  • Spray muffin tins with cooking spray
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Scoop out batter and fill each muffin to top.
  • Bake 15-20 minutes (test for doneness
  • While muffins are baking, stir together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
  • When muffins are cool enough to handle, take each muffin and dip tops into melted butter,
  • Dip into cinnamon/sugar mixture. Coat tops generously. Let sit for a few minutes.
  • Now they're ready to enjoy!

C

cintinative

Okay, you had my attention at donut!!! I wonder if I could make these in my cake donut pan? Yum-O!

everprincess

(\(\ Energizer Bunny - ( =':') She Keeps Going!
Trader Group
Oh boy and I need to lose weight but I still have food LOL! Thanks for the recipe Carol I'll try to make these this weekend. Dear Diet you lose!

U

uummm

In an effort to try and make something my kid will eat for breakfast on school days I made these...I halved the recipe because I didn't want to have a huge batch of weight gaining food around and I didn't know if my kid would eat them.
I used about 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour and 1 1/4c freshly ground wheat and 1/4 of coconut oil with 1/4c canola oil (I didn't want it to be too coconutty)...Turned out great! I accidently baked them a few minutes too long. I went to get the mail and the timer went off, I was outside trying to round up my cat that had escaped and when I got back in I remembered after about a minute I had a timer that probably went off...They were still good, but a little crispy from the over baking-not burnt at all though.

I think this is the first muffin recipe that called for baking soda instead of baking powder...I think next time I would use powder and they will be a little bit lighter in texture. I notice when I google donut muffins that they are all different in one way or another but all call for powder.

K

kschick96

My mom used to make these for me the first week back to school. She grated apples in them-yum!