News - Business Dollar Tree raises prices to $1.25

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
This is the end of an era for me! I loved getting things for a dollar. Lol.
my girls laughed at me when I told them how disappointed this made me. I plan on doing some shopping there before prices go up! :p:p

Last edited:

Gardencook

Trader Group
Our regular grocery stores here do a lot of 10/$10 deals on things ranging from canned goods to peanut butter -- I'm sure in an attempt to compete with dollar stores. When this story came out, I told DH I expected that those prices would be changing, as well.

We have been able to get bags of frozen veggies for $1 at our regular grocery stores. They've already cut the bags from 16 oz. to 12 oz. through shrinkflation, but I mentioned to him I'm sure we'll soon be paying $1.25 for a 12-oz. bag when we used to pay $1 for a 16-oz. bag. :(

When I was a child, we used to have a chain of stores called 88 cent stores and we shopped there often. Somewhere in my teen years, they raised prices and the chain didn't last too much longer after that.

Of course, before that there used to be the "Five and Dime," but those prices were already gone by the time I began shopping. ;)