Does anyone have a good Crepes recipe?

M

mycouponhunter

I made crepes for breakfast today and it was so much easier than making pancakes and I think it tasted a little bit better. The only problem was I used the recipe from my classic Better Homes and Garden red checkered cookbook and it was terrible. First I didn't like the taste of the crepe by itself. It was doughy and I thought it should have had a little sugar in it so I put a tbsp and it tasted a little better. Also, it had me put the liquids in first and then add the flour and it made it really lumpy. I worked and worked to get the lumps out and I got a few, but I think if I would have switched them there wouldn't be lumps.

Anyone have a good recipe?

M

MrsPinecone

You should make the batter in the blender. Much smoother that way.

It also needs to sit for at least an hour so that the flour can absorb the liquid.

If it was doughy, you made them too thick. They need to be VERY thin. Use about 1/4 c of batter in a large pan, and swirl around to cover the whole bottom of the pan.

Food Network's website should have all of Alton Brown's tips on crepes.

P

pussikat91958

Personally i've never made crepes nor have i ever tasted them. But i'd sure like to try some day. :smile77::smile77:

Anyway, I checked out a website for the basic recipes on crepes.

Check Them Out:

Cooks.com - Recipes - Basic Crepes

Z

zammsmom

I make 'em all of the time!

3 eggs
1 C Milk
1C Flour
4T melted butter
1/2t Vanilla
"some" sugar

I just put it all in the blender and VOILA!!!

VERY good with NUTELLA!!!

BTW, I like mine thin, so sometimes I add extra milk.

P

pussikat91958

:smile77: COOL :smile77: I'll definetly have to try your recipe. :smile77:

T

tmbaker669

Easy crepes:
Base them all on this porportion:
1 egg
1/3 cup pancake mix (dry )
1/3 cup milk.

Double or triple as the need arises. Mixing in the blender works well. Be aware that this is a very thin mixture and you will need to watch it carefully. When I used to make these frequently, I only browned one side since I rolled a chicken concoction in them (like any creamed chicken recipe---also good to add in a little asparagus)

P

purplefdu

We normally use the recipe in The Joy of Cooking. Ours is I think three editions back from the current one.

N

nmeadows0101

I am glad I found this forum, I have been searching for s simple way to do this.
I did not see on any of my seaches to let it sit in the blender for an hr. Thanks for the tips everone. :)