Curried Vegetable Casserole

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
I made this last night, and it was a BIG hit! Even my teenager loved it! It's written in a low-fat version, but you can make it with regular ingredients too.

Curried Vegetable Casserole
Makes 6 servings
3 Weight Watchers points per serving

2 cups cauliflower
1 cup sliced carrot
1 cup diced celery
1 med onion, diced
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken (or celery) soup
1/3 cup ff mayonaise
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coriander
1/8 tsp ground ginger
cooking spray
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/3 cup reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350
Steam vegetables until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
Combine soup and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add steamed vegetables and toss gently to coat.
Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2 qt casserole, coated with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and cheese, and sprinkle mixture over casserole.
Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

R

rockhound24

Looks great, I am trying to eat more veggies... Thanks!

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I've got some frozen veg-all mixed veggies that has carrot, cauliflower and broccoli, and had no idea what to do with it. I'm going to try this recipe!

XUfan

Trader Group
I've got some frozen veg-all mixed veggies that has carrot, cauliflower and broccoli, and had no idea what to do with it. I'm going to try this recipe!

Frozen should work great... but I'd just let them thaw, instead of steaming first. Otherwise, you'll end up with mush! LOL!

The great thing about this recipe is that you can use just about any veggies...and everything else should be in your stockpile. And it's EASY!!!

XUfan

Trader Group
I wonder if anything can be substituted for the mayo~I can't handle that, but otherwise does sound do-able.

Honestly, you could probably just add a little milk (not the full 1/3 cup, though) instead. I think the mayo is mostly just to thin the soup. A long time ago, I made a casserole kind of like this (without the spices), and it called for sour cream. Those are just 2 suggestions.

Kristen.C

Trader Group
Julianne Hough made something really similar to this on the Rachael Ray show the other week! I thought it sounded pretty good.