Recipes - Super Simple Crockpot Chili Colorado

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
This is a really easy recipe that uses some items that I frequently have on hand in my stockpile. Plus is it pretty flexible.

2 Lbs. Beef Stew Meat (OR cubed beef or pork roast)
1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
2 Cans of Tomatoes (whole or diced, if using whole squish each tomato in your hand to break it down a little bit)
1 large can of green chilies, diced (or use about 6 of the little cans of Ortega chilies OR use 2 cans of green enchilada sauce OR use 1 large jar of salsa verde, a green salsa)
2 or 3 cloves of garlic minced
Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.

Throw everything in the crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours till meat is sort of fork tender.

Serve as the insides of burritos. We make wet burritos by spooning Chili Colorado (draining off most of the juice) inside flour tortillas with some cheddar or jack cheese, fold burritos up, sprinkle with a bit more cheese, spoon some of the juices over burrito and a dollop of sour cream if desired and eat with a fork. Also good with some Mexican rice inside the buritto too.

You may have leftovers (we usually do) and to use up the leftovers I add a couple cans of beans (black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans) drained and reheat on the stove top, and you have a nice mild chili which I usually serve with corn bread.

If you like it a little spicier you can add some diced Jalapeno to the crockpot too. We have little kids that don't like the spice.

And I seriously use whatever of the above ingredients I have on hand. I made it last week with a jar of Salsa Verde I had on hand, did not care for it as a salsa on chips but tasted great in this dish. The kids love this one too. One of my sons (6 years old) at 2 burritos in one sitting!