Crockpot Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

S

sdimon

This is my familys all time fav meal and it literally cooks itself!!!

Crock Pot Stroganoff

3 pounds any kind of lean roast cubed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 package cream cheese
1 16oz container sour cream
1 large package egg noodles or rice

Ok here goes its so simple
In a large crock pot add beef, canned soups and dry soup mix and stir together. Put the crock pot on high and walk away for 8 hours.

about 15 minutes before youare ready to eat start boiling the noodles or rice.
While that is boiling cube the cream cheese and add that and the sour cream to the beef mixture and stir together.

When your noodles or rice are cooked al dente just drain and serve beef stroganoff over either.

Easy huh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hennypenny

I make this same recipe, but without the cream cheese. I may have to try it, I love cream cheese....sounds good!! My family loves it too!

S

sdimon

The cream cheese makes it extra rich and so creamy. You will love it.

P

pheestand

I make this too, only with 1 cream of mushroom, 1 golden mushroom and 1 french onion soup, and no dry onion soup mix. Hadn't thought about the cream cheese though - will definitely add that next time (which is probably going to be this weekend!!)

Thanks!

H

hopeky94

That does sound very yummy! And I think I have everything it takes-- except the golden mushroom soup. Has anyone ever substituted something else for this (with good results)?

Oh, and I have a bunch of fresh mushrooms I got yesterday (on markdown)! Think I could just add those raw, to cook with everything else??

Repping ya, OP!! :eek:)

P

pheestand

Yep, we toss in the mushrooms on occasion too, raw or canned. Not sure about a substitution for the Golden Mushroom- I've substituted beef broth for the french onion, and it was good as well (I did toss in some dried onions to replace those from he missing soup) but I've not substituted the golden mushroom.

S

sdimon

The great part about this recipe is yes you can substitute stuff. I have used just rfegular cream of mushroom and it turns out the same. Fresh mushrooms are grfeat in this recipe!!!

You can also serve this over rice if you want to and I even had a friend on a low carb diet and she puts it on green beans.

There are really so many options with this recipe so experiment and have fun.

W

wealthybarney

I am going to try your recipe this weekend, sounds good.
I wonder if chuck roast is too fatty?

K

Kaldirris

I am going to try your recipe this weekend, sounds good.
I wonder if chuck roast is too fatty?

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm guessing that chuck roast would be just fine. You might want to trim some or most of the visible fat, and possibly reduce some of the cream cheese/sour cream, but it should turn out just fine.
I suggest reducing the cheese/sour cream only because the extra fat in the chuck will add richness to the dish anyhow.
Personally, I love using chuck in my slow cooker - the meat always turns out succulent & rich.

W

Weinergirl

I make this too. It is to die for. I always add a chopped onion and sometimes mushrooms. A good way to sneak in veggies and you can't even taste the onions!

faeryedark

Trader Group
I make this too. It is to die for. I always add a chopped onion and sometimes mushrooms. A good way to sneak in veggies and you can't even taste the onions!
I make something similar but I fry up some mushrooms, onions and peppers and stir in...yummy