Crescent Roll pinwheels

S

shashabell

This is sooooo easy.

This is great if you have a stockpile in the freezer already. Just let them thaw for a little while. I've used some from the fridge, but I popped them in the freezer for a while first because it makes them easier to slice if they're really firm.

Take crescent rolls out of can. Do Not unroll them. Cut the roll into 1/2" or so slices and lay them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake per direction on the can.
I imagine you could even put a little butter on first before sprinkling them. You could also spread a little icing on them when they're done and still a little warm.

I've also made pizza pinwheel. Spread some pizza sauce on them and topped with mozzarella.

W

wannabefree

Hey Thanks! I just finished my breakfast casserole with them. I made it last night along with my dinner while I had the oven on.

I will def be trying these!!!

J

jkelstaten

Ok, I'm a bit slow....you can freeze the crescent rolls in the can??

S

stoughton

OK - what is the breakfast casserole with the crescent rolls?

S

shashabell

Ok, I'm a bit slow....you can freeze the crescent rolls in the can??

Yes. They were on sale a couple months ago at Kroger and I got tons for free. I freeze them and canned biscuits also. They both come out perfectly fine.

W

wannabefree

I make a very simple casserole dish.

You just spread out your cresent rolls in an 8 x 8 pan (for four rolls) or 13 x 9 pan for all eight rolls. Then sprinkle with some cheddar cheese then your choice of cooked breakfast meat, then pour on some beaten eggs. (3 or 4 for small and 7 for large). Top with more cheese (mozz is good) and bake at 375 for about 20-25 min. Yummm.

It's good cold and warmed up. DH has eaten for two breakfasts in a row and it is a hit. Kids like it too and can be eaten with your fingers running out the door!

A

ashleydawnsanford

so you can just put the whole can in the freezer? that is crazy !!!