Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
from Ro-Tel: Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup - Recipes - RO*TEL

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)
3.75 of 5 (132 ratings)
Chicken tortilla soup recipe combines spicy tomatoes, refried beans, corn and chicken with chicken broth for a quickly prepared soup

INGREDIENTS

2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
2 cans (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
3/4 cup fried corn tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS

Stir together undrained tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken; heat through. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips.
COOK'S TIPS

To make corn tortilla strips, cut 2 corn tortillas into thin strips. Spray strips with PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cook tortilla strips in medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
NUTRITION INFORMATION

Calories: 219
Serving Size: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups each)

C

chitownmelli

mmmmm I'm gonna tell DH that its pork and make this. Thanks for posting, sounds deeeeee-licious!

C

chitownmelli

LOL, I'll just make it one day after I announce that darn it, I feel like having chicken - he can do his once a month good deed and just eat the chicken LOL!!! (he likes my chicken, shush, he just doesn't like his mom's, that can be our little secret)

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
Hubs' Mom never knew he didn't care for her cakes. Of course she made everything from scratch and would spend half a day (or more!!!) making some things but the cakes were SUPER dense pound cakes - they were heavy as lead. He likes boxed cakes because they're lighter (texture-wise anyway) and moist.