Cream Cheese ideas

S

Smee

Here's a low carb snack I sometimes eat when trying to wean myself off a sugar binge. It satisfies my craving for something sweet without being too sugary, and it's easy enough that I can eat it RIGHT NOW if I want it.

1 stick of softened cream cheese
1 container of sugar free Cool Whip (I prefer to whip my own cream, but Cool Whip works)
Couple or so tablespoons of peanut butter (or to taste, but it really doesn't take much to make it all peanut buttery)

Blend it all together until creamy, refrigerate and enjoy. It could be used as a pie filling, but I eat it like I would ice cream.

S

sns4063

I found this recipe online and made it for a Christmas party. It was FABULOUS! And to be fully honest, I'm not a spinach eating person, but this stuff was sooooo yummy! I found that it filled up the bread bowl and I had enough to bake in a small bowl to keep at home. I did leave out the dill and used the garlic in a jar. And, the recipe said that low fat cheese or mayo wasn't suggested.

Warm Spinach Dip

• 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 tablespoon dill weed
  • 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 round loaf (1 pound) unsliced sourdough bread
  • Assorted fresh vegetables
Directions

• In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the spinach, cheese, bacon, onion, dill and garlic; set aside.
  • Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
  • Fill bread shell with spinach dip; replace top. Place any dip that doesn't fit in shell in a greased baking dish. Wrap bread in heavy-duty foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until dip is heated through. Cover and bake additional dip for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully. Serve dip warm with vegetables and reserved bread cubes.

D

DollarsOutOfDimes

Hi all I am new here, I was looking for a "cooking with coupons" site, and found your all your yummy recipes.

When I hear the word cream cheese I always think of my mom's delicious and quick easy cheese cake cookies.
1 16 oz package of Cream Cheese
1 package of Cake Mix (vanilla chocolate is best)
1 stick of butter
1 egg

You warm the butter and cream cheese in microwave and mix it with the egg (I add a little vanilla/lemon depending on the mix) you want your egg warm to not cool the butter. (I put it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes)
Add the Mix
place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees

Easy quick and best of all you can use all that cake mix that you used coupons for.

Good luck and enjoy!

M

motherofmolly

philli put out a recipe book. i got it free a couple months back.

~ add half a block to pasta sauce. mix in. makes it creamy!

~chicken enchiladas.....mix salsa and cream cheese (1/2) and melt..add in chicken...put in your tortillas and roll. toss some shredded cheese on them and bake. 350 for about 20 minutes. dh liked these

~ just a basic salsa mix salsa and enough cream cheese to taste. makes it a little "special"

~hallmark store sells mixes (soups and dips)...there is one that is an amaretto dip. VERY GOOD!! use graham cracker sticks to dip it with. calls for cream cheese to mix with the dry dip mix.

S

Smee

Oh, one of my favorite sides is brussels sprouts in cream cheese sauce. Just dump into a pan some frozen brussels sprouts and a stick of cream cheese and heat until warm and melty. I sometimes eat it as a snack, even.