Cream Cheese ideas

Z

zansammommy

I have four boxes of cream cheese to use up. Since we don't like to just eat it, I need ideas on how to use it up. Hope for more then just deserts.

The sell by date is March 12. How long past that can it go?

Much thanks!
Kate

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
If you like garlic, you will like this one!! We found this on line and my hubby and I LOVE LOVE LOVE garlic....:wavehi:

• 36 garlic cloves
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 cups (about 8 ounces) packed grated sharp white Cheddar cheese
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss garlic with olive oil in baking pan. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool; peel and chop. Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add garlic, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, and chiles. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm, stirring constantly, before serving.)

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
A week or 2 ago someone also asked for cream cheese recipes and several replied. I believe those are in Recipe Requests too so you should be able to find a couple with a few minutes of looking or a search.

I have four boxes of cream cheese to use up. Since we don't like to just eat it, I need ideas on how to use it up. Hope for more then just deserts.

The sell by date is March 12. How long past that can it go?

Much thanks!
Kate

W

wholesalebiker

Noodles Parmesan - Serves 2

1 three oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. margarine or butter
½ tsp. dried basil
salt or garlic salt, pepper, parsley
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
3 oz. thin spaghetti (or other pasta, penne works very well)

Start pasta cooking. Combine the butter, cream cheese, parsley, basil, pinch of salt or garlic salt and dash of pepper. When pasta water is boiling, remove 1/3 cup of the water and pour into cream cheese mixture. Whisk to blend. Drain pasta when cooked and put back into pot. Add half the parmesan cheese to the sauce, mix well and pour over noodles. Stir to coat well. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top. Serves 2.

This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, and you can use light or fat free cream cheese. You can also add cooked chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and many other things - very adaptable. Sauce is thin but thickens quickly. Best with garlic salt.

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
This is the recipe I posted for the other cream cheese recipe request and I also have it under Pasta. I've been making it for 18 years.

Noodles Parmesan - Serves 2

1 three oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. margarine or butter
½ tsp. dried basil
salt or garlic salt, pepper, parsley
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
3 oz. thin spaghetti (or other pasta, penne works very well)

Start pasta cooking. Combine the butter, cream cheese, parsley, basil, pinch of salt or garlic salt and dash of pepper. When pasta water is boiling, remove 1/3 cup of the water and pour into cream cheese mixture. Whisk to blend. Drain pasta when cooked and put back into pot. Add half the parmesan cheese to the sauce, mix well and pour over noodles. Stir to coat well. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top. Serves 2.

This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, and you can use light or fat free cream cheese. You can also add cooked chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and many other things - very adaptable. Sauce is thin but thickens quickly. Best with garlic salt.

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Cream cheese actually lasts quite a bit after the sell by date. I had some in my fridge for a good month past the sell by date and it was perfectly fine (sell by date is not the expiration date)

And like Maralam said you can freeze it however it turns out a bit crumbly IMO and not very spreadable but you can thin it back out with a touch of milk. But thawed it is fine in any recipies.

I am going to have to try some of these recipies..they sound very good.

I am not always the most creative cook but since it is now strawberry season how about some fruit dip (OK it is a dessert but easier than cheesecake and the fruit is healthy...right)

1 block of cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla (I recently used half of a scraped vanilla bean...OMG heaven!)

Beat together and dip fruit of your choice in. Strawberries are great but in the pinch other fruit works too...try bananas or pineapple.

M

Mama Stu

Taco Dip
1 pkg cream cheese softened
1 carton French onion dip
1 carton sour cream
2 TBSP. taco seasoning
1/4 cup salsa

Mix together until well blended. Spread on platter, top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, black olives. Use tortilla chips for dipping.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

This is a super simple dip, but ridiculously good!

8oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream or mayo (depending on how you like the texture of your dip)
1 green onion, chopped (about 2 tbs.)

Combine all ingredients, and serve immediately. Serve with crackers or veggies. YUM!

C

Cynthiabutterfly

Also, we eat so much cream cheese, I can't keep it in the house. Toast + cream cheese + jam (so much better than a bagel!)

no-bake cheese cake
2 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 8oz tub cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

Combine first 3 ingredients with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Gently fold in cool whip, and pour into prepared crust immediately. Chill for at least an hour.

Or if you want it faster - put a cookie in the bottom of a muffin cup, and top with a dolop of the filling. Chill for a 20-30 minutes before eating.

Or, do what we do because we can't even wait that long - get spoons and eat it straight from the mixing bowl.

K

kimAllen

I always add cream cheese to my mash potatoes to make them creamy! Then you can freeze them after you get it all mixed. I add butter, milk, cream cheese and season they way you like. yum!

M

mzbeers

I like to add Cream Cheese to my Guacamole! I also like to make filled cupcakes. Super easy, I'll see if I can find the recipe. I know you didn't really want a dessert one, but I love these cupcakes. I leave out the nuts because DD1 doesn't like them.

Ingredients

• 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 (16-ounce) container cream cheese frosting
Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
  2. Spoon the prepared batter equally into 24 muffin cups that have been lined with paper baking cups, filling each cup three-quarters full.
  3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Stir in the butterscotch chips and walnuts until well mixed. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the batter in each cup.
  4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow to cool completely, then frost with the cream cheese frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.

U

uncommon

Yummy Breakfast/Snack pastries:

Pillsbury crescent rolls
Fruit preserves of your choice
Cream cheese

Spread some jam and cream cheese on the triangles of dough, roll up and bake per the package directions. Totally delicious. Just don't get too close to the edges or overfill as this can cause a gooey mess.

:)

TiggerToo

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2011<br>Has A Heart Of Pure
Trader Group
Cheesecake Cupcakes

My late grandma used to make me cheesecake every year for my birthday. At one point she switched to making an abbreviated version and make cheesecake cupcakes. She would serve it with different fruit toppings, cherries, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple...yes pineapple. These are truly a family recipe and I hope you all enjoy them.

1/3 Graham crackers
1 tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 tbsp sugar
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp lemon rinds
¼ tsp vanilla
1 egg

Combine the graham crackers, butter and sugar together. Place in cupcake molds and bake at 325 for 5 minutes. Cream the cheese, and the rest of ingredients. Add to the cupcake molds and bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

M

mzbeers

Cheesecake Cupcakes

My late grandma used to make me cheesecake every year for my birthday. At one point she switched to making an abbreviated version and make cheesecake cupcakes. She would serve it with different fruit toppings, cherries, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple...yes pineapple. These are truly a family recipe and I hope you all enjoy them.

1/3 Graham crackers
1 tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 tbsp sugar
8 oz cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
½ tsp lemon rinds
¼ tsp vanilla
1 egg

Combine the graham crackers, butter and sugar together. Place in cupcake molds and bake at 325 for 5 minutes. Cream the cheese, and the rest of ingredients. Add to the cupcake molds and bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.

You can also use a whole Vanilla Wafer for the bottom crust instead of doing the Graham Cracker crust. Works great if you're in a hurry. I love these too!

C

cintinative

I am not always the most creative cook but since it is now strawberry season how about some fruit dip (OK it is a dessert but easier than cheesecake and the fruit is healthy...right)

1 block of cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla (I recently used half of a scraped vanilla bean...OMG heaven!)

Beat together and dip fruit of your choice in. Strawberries are great but in the pinch other fruit works too...try bananas or pineapple.

thanks for this! I have some extra cream cheese and just happen to also have marshmallow cream too. =) I totally spaced making a fruit dip!

I

isis

Here's an easy party dip. Just let the cream cheese soften a bit to room temp, then sprinkle with Garlic Powder ...more or less depending on how salty you like stuff, and mix it around with a spoon. Put it in a serving dish and cover for several hours (or overnight), to let the flavors 'marry'. Take it out about a half hour or so before party to soften up again. Serve with chips, crackers, even veggies (its really good with celery sticks!)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hopeky94

Super-Simple Shrimp Cheeseball

2 blocks cream cheese, softened
1 pkg frozen "salad" sized shrimp (or larger ones cut up), thawed
1 jar Heinz cocktail sauce (one of the few times I'm brand-loyal!)

Mix the shrimp and cream cheese together. Mound into a "ball" inside a bowl or rimmed plate. Pour enough cocktail sauce over it to cover the ball. Refrigerate at least a couple hours. Serve with crackers or veggies.

I swear it tastes like it has way more ingredients than that-- sooo yummy! Oh, and keep the extra cocktail sauce around, in case you need to add more later...

gctattoo

Trader Group
Here's a really delicious slow cooker chicken recipe. You can use chicken broth instead of white wine and plain cream cheese instead of the chive & onion if you like.

2 tablespoons butter
1 (.7 oz) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) container chive & onion cream cheese
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the salad dressing mix, mushroom soup, cream cheese, and wine until the sauce mixture is hot, smooth and well combined. Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low setting until chicken is tender, about 4 hours.

I like to serve it over pasta or rice.

N

nurseannette

here is an awesome dip

1 block cream cheese
about 3 green onions
2 packs of very thin sliced deli ham(like land o frost) these usually are hanging by the regular lunch meat but are in little packs.

chop green onions, chop ham and mix it together with the cream cheese.
serve with ritz crackers.
this is delish, and everyone always wants the recipe.