Chronic knee pain

Discussion in 'Oh My Aching Something' started by gracemarie, Jun 7, 2016.

1. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

From old age and wear and tear. Any outside-of-the-box remedies would be greatly appreciated!

2. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Hi - Welcome to HCW -

I will share my experience and hope that it helps. I am 76 and have has arthritis for at least 6-7 years in my knees. I CANNOT take the arthritis meds because I have a mild form of hemophilia and all can cause bleeding. My salvation is EXERCISE - the pool where I go to aquasize class, or the gym (Yoga and cardio fitness classes). I go every weekday morning. I live in a 55+ community where those are available. Before that I went to the local Y Silver Sneakers classes. Some is covered by insurance - depends on the policy.

I ALSO get a lot of comfort from SAS shoes. Cost a lot (More than $100 a pr but I have 3 pr that I bought 5,6 and 3 yr ago and all still going fine. Should last a lot more time.

Everyone will tell you if you are overweight that some wt loss will help those knees. I know a few people who went through that and will attest to that.

Diet is also a help, Omega-3's in food helps. I KNOW that I fel better when I eat fish like salmon, mackerel and veggies, nuts and beans that contain them. I am a real label reader now.

I am a retired R.N. and get lots of health and wellness info in my emails. LMK your Email if you want some that pertains to arthritis, diet, etc. and I will be glad to share.

Best of luck to you. Glad that you are here

Linda

3. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

A friend of ours swears by Krill oil - he says when he doesn't continuously take it his joint pain is nearly unbearable. There was a famous news anchor in Houston - he was a very colorful character - and he also acted as an advocate many times for those who needed help and couldn't get it. One of his best-remembered sayings was "It's hell to get old!"

4. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a thorough, effort-filled response. Thank you, Linda! I'll have to try some of these suggestions -- getting in the pool more often sounds lovely!

5. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

Krill oil? Will have to give it a try. Thanks so much, soccermom!

6. Apennysaved

Apennysaved Well-Known Member Trader Group

7. Apennysaved

8. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Hello again Grace - I see that you got a lot of responses. Have you done anything and did anything help? My husband saw an ad for something called Blue Emu - a cream and bought some at Walgreens - (I THINK I saw it at CVS Also ) - He said it helps his arthritic knee. He had surgery many years ago and gets the injections in the knee but they do not help now.

It may be a problem if you are allergic to shellfish
    Here is consumer info
    https://www.consumerhealthdigest.co...term=Blue-Emu&utm_campaign=Topical_Joint_Pain

LMK how you are doing.

Best,
    Linda

Check it out.

9. Apennysaved

Here's a link with $2 coupons. Walmart has this too, also got a 12 oz tub at Sam's Club but they don't always have in stock and can't use coupon but the price was $24.88. Works good and a little goes a long way.

https://www.blue-emu.com/where-to-buy

Out of stock but keep checking as it will restock.
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/searc...chTerm=blue emu&fromHome=yes&_requestid=79133

10. Apennysaved

Just want to let all of you with knee pain, osteoporosis, arthritis, kidney stones that Boron 3 mg (trace mineral) works TREMENDOUSLY! I started taking one in the AM with breakfast and can not believe the difference it has made in my knee pain! Take it the AM because it increases mental cognition otherwise it will keep you up at night.

Very interesting and informative lecture from Jorge Flechas, MD...

Iodine supplementation is also very important for overall health. Take a look at some of his other lectures.

I'm not a doctor just letting you know what worked for me.
    :)

11. NoHio

NoHio Well-Known Member Staff Member Trader Group Moderator

Thank you for sharing. This may help my husband. Is this common and easy to find?

12. Apennysaved

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    NoHio likes this.