Chronic knee pain

Discussion in 'Oh My Aching Something' started by gracemarie, Jun 7, 2016.

1. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

From old age and wear and tear. Any outside-of-the-box remedies would be greatly appreciated!

2. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Hi - Welcome to HCW -

I will share my experience and hope that it helps. I am 76 and have has arthritis for at least 6-7 years in my knees. I CANNOT take the arthritis meds because I have a mild form of hemophilia and all can cause bleeding. My salvation is EXERCISE - the pool where I go to aquasize class, or the gym (Yoga and cardio fitness classes). I go every weekday morning. I live in a 55+ community where those are available. Before that I went to the local Y Silver Sneakers classes. Some is covered by insurance - depends on the policy.

I ALSO get a lot of comfort from SAS shoes. Cost a lot (More than $100 a pr but I have 3 pr that I bought 5,6 and 3 yr ago and all still going fine. Should last a lot more time.

Everyone will tell you if you are overweight that some wt loss will help those knees. I know a few people who went through that and will attest to that.

Diet is also a help, Omega-3's in food helps. I KNOW that I fel better when I eat fish like salmon, mackerel and veggies, nuts and beans that contain them. I am a real label reader now.

I am a retired R.N. and get lots of health and wellness info in my emails. LMK your Email if you want some that pertains to arthritis, diet, etc. and I will be glad to share.

Best of luck to you. Glad that you are here

Linda

3. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original Dinner Guru

A friend of ours swears by Krill oil - he says when he doesn't continuously take it his joint pain is nearly unbearable. There was a famous news anchor in Houston - he was a very colorful character - and he also acted as an advocate many times for those who needed help and couldn't get it. One of his best-remembered sayings was "It's hell to get old!"

4. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a thorough, effort-filled response. Thank you, Linda! I'll have to try some of these suggestions -- getting in the pool more often sounds lovely!

5. gracemarie

gracemarie New Member

Krill oil? Will have to give it a try. Thanks so much, soccermom!

6. Apennysaved

Apennysaved Well-Known Member Trader Group

7. Apennysaved

8. Linda_in_FL

Linda_in_FL Well-Known Member Trader Group

Hello again Grace - I see that you got a lot of responses. Have you done anything and did anything help? My husband saw an ad for something called Blue Emu - a cream and bought some at Walgreens - (I THINK I saw it at CVS Also ) - He said it helps his arthritic knee. He had surgery many years ago and gets the injections in the knee but they do not help now.

It may be a problem if you are allergic to shellfish
    Here is consumer info
    https://www.consumerhealthdigest.co...term=Blue-Emu&utm_campaign=Topical_Joint_Pain

LMK how you are doing.

Best,
    Linda

Check it out.

9. Apennysaved

Here's a link with $2 coupons. Walmart has this too, also got a 12 oz tub at Sam's Club but they don't always have in stock and can't use coupon but the price was $24.88. Works good and a little goes a long way.

https://www.blue-emu.com/where-to-buy

Out of stock but keep checking as it will restock.
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/searc...chTerm=blue emu&fromHome=yes&_requestid=79133