Prep:30 minsCooking:10 minsLevel:Easy Cooling:60 minsYields:24 cookies (2 dozen)Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies are a perfect addition to your Easter dessert selections. These adorable treats are easy and fun to make.
- 24 NESTLÃ‰ CRUNCH or BUTTERFINGER NestEggs, unwrapped
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÃ‰Â® TOLL HOUSEÂ® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
COMBINE 2/3 cup granulated sugar, butter, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Beat until creamy. Gradually beat in flour, cocoa and salt. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
PREHEAT oven to 350Â° F.
SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; roll in 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into tops to make 1/2-inch-deep depressions.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Place 1 NestlÃ© NestEgg in center of each cookie. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
COMBINE powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.