Chocolate Chip Cake

M

mama22qts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend of mine had a baby this morning, and I'm going over there this evening to visit. So I thought I'd take her something to have in the room so she and visitors could nibble and talk. I have a few extra cake mixes, but I really don't like the cake mix taste. I doctored it up a little, and it was OUTRAGEOUS. Try at your own risk...you may end up eating the whole cake.

1 chocolate cake mix (I think mine was double chocolate or something like that)
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 8 oz container sour cream (I used reduced fat)
4 eggs
1/2 c warm water
1/2 c vegetable oil (or safflower or canola)
1 package chocolate morsels (I found some in the freezer from last Christmas and used them!)

Combine the cake mix, instant pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil, and water and blend well. I mixed mine for about 5 minutes. I wanted to make sure everything was very well blended and the batter was very airy. Your batter will be very thick at this point.

Fold in the chocolate morsels. They should remain suspended in the batter, not go to the bottom of the bowl.

Spoon batter into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until the top springs back when touched, and the sides are separating slightly from the pan. Cool for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cutenirish

OMG that sounds AWSOME!!!!!!!!!! I bet yellow cake and vanilla pudding would work too YUMMY NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!1

Q

Queen Frostine

I've made this without the chocolate chips and it still turns out great!
It is also good with yellow cake mix and vanilla instant pudding... yum

G

garthbarth1

Yummy!! Can I use a regular cake pan, I dont have a bundt cake pan?

F

flash

If you don't have a Bundt cake pan, use an angel food cake pan. Do you have one?