Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

D

dliver316

This is not a crockpot recipe but kinda a casserole type thing. It was so yummy! I made it last night for dinner. Thanks to Cynthia at Whats for dinner?
I did not use the onion or celery b/c my hubby doesnt like them and I added in a bag of broccoli.

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken
1 (12oz) pkg thin spaghetti noodles (I use Ronzoni Smart Taste for the added fiber)
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 10 oz cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup Velveeta Light
pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Chop the cooked chicken into bite size pieces. Boil noodles according to the directions on package.

2. In another pan, melt butter and sauté celery and onion, usually 3-4 minutes.

3. Add chicken, soup, milk, Velveeta, pepper; mix until well blended.

4. Drain spaghetti and add to chicken mixture, mix well.

5. Bake in a large greased baking pan for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.

J

Joann121

I got this one from The Pioneer Woman, it's so yummy and reheats very well!

My hubby won't eat velvetta :(

Ingredients

• 2 cups Cooked Chicken
  • 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
  • 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
  • ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
  • 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
  • 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
  • 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
  • ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

S

Smee

I just made a variation of PW's Chicken Spaghetti today!

My husband dislikes onions and I didn't have any green peppers or pimentos on hand, so I substituted some Rotel and gave it a bit of kick. I also didn't have any cream of cack soup on hand, so I made a sort of mornay sauce, poured in the Rotel and then poured it all over the chicken and spaghetti, combined, then topped with the sprinkle of cheese and a layer of crushed vegetable flavored Ritz tossed in melted butter. It was all kinds of awesome.

S

scrava

This is not a crockpot recipe but kinda a casserole type thing. It was so yummy! I made it last night for dinner. Thanks to Cynthia at Whats for dinner?
I did not use the onion or celery b/c my hubby doesnt like them and I added in a bag of broccoli.

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken
1 (12oz) pkg thin spaghetti noodles (I use Ronzoni Smart Taste for the added fiber)
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup Velveeta Light
pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Chop the cooked chicken into bite size pieces. Boil noodles according to the directions on package.

5. Bake in a large greased baking pan for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.

I wanted to post and let you know that I made this last week and it was GREAT! MY DH loved it! I am going to put a bit less Cream of Chicken and more cheese next time, LOL, but that is just me tweaking it to my palate.

Thanks for sharing and plmk if you have any more yummy dishes!

D

dliver316

I wanted to post and let you know that I made this last week and it was GREAT! MY DH loved it! I am going to put a bit less Cream of Chicken and more cheese next time, LOL, but that is just me tweaking it to my palate.

Thanks for sharing and plmk if you have any more yummy dishes!

I'm glad you liked it! I havent made it in awhile, so now I will have to try it again.

Here is another recipe that is one of my new favorites. It is so delicious! Cant remember where I got it from though. I used rigatoni noodles once and elbow macaroni noodles another time (liked the elbow best) and no green onions.

Cheesy Tomato Stroganoff

1 lb wide egg noodles, cooked
1 lb ground beef, drained
2 small cans tomato sauce or 1 large can (15 oz )
1 can diced
tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz sour cream
3 green onions, sliced (greens only)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef and drain, then add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and garlic powder.
Mix cream cheese, sour cream and green onions. I microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds to make it easy to stir them together.
In either one 9x13 or two 8x8's layer ingredients. First put noodles in bottom of pan, and top with meat mixture
Finish with cheese mixture. Lastly, top with shredded cheddar cheese
Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until warm and bubbly

A

annag86

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked chicken
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cup Velveeta Light
pepper to taste

Directions:

I used to make this all the time it's so yummy :)