Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

thecoop

Trader Group
Mark’s Chicken and Broccoli Caserole

Ingredients:

1 6" x 9" pan (we use disposable aluminum pans)
2 boxes of frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans of cream of chicken or broccoli or mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk
2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts or thighs
16 ounce bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of bread crumbs
2 loaves of garlic bread

boil chicken until thoroughly cooked (about 20 minutes)
preheat oven to 375 degrees
place broccoli (broken up) into bottom of 6 x 9 pan
cut up cooked chicken and place in pan
place in a pot and bring to a boil: 2 cans of soup, mayo and milk
pour pot contents over chicken
spread cheddar cheese over chicken, covering thoroughly
cover cheese with breadcrumbs

place in oven for approx 45 minutes – until cheese looks melted
cook garlic bread along with the casserole

chow down and enjoy!

Feeds: approx 8 regular sized people or 4-6 big guys. This is not meant as an insult. I feed this to a bunch of my friends at a Fantasy football draft and we are all large guys (230-280 lbs). There are usually 10-12 of us and I make 2 of these and we have about 1/2-1/3 of a pan left which I eat the next day as leftovers.

Last edited:
H

hbaqueen

Mm this sounds good! I do something very similar. I cook the chicken in the soup in the crockpot. Shred it that evening when its tender. Cook a package of Lipton/Knoor Chicken Broccoli Rice and I add fresh broccoli once it is boiling then I mix the rice/broccoli combo with the chicken and a jar of ragu cheddar sauce. Put it in my pan top with nag of cheese. Yummy! Also topped with the bread crumbs too before but we prefer it without. I serve with garlic cheddar drop biscuits.

F

funnyface09

This sounds great! I love chicken and broccoli! I am a veggie lover.... :)

S

spork

I make something very similar (without the cheddar) but it is about 1/2 the ingredients spread out thinner in a 9x13 and you don't heat the soup mixture. Everytime I want to double it up it was hard because the soup mixture doesn't melt that far down. Dur. Now I know!! Heat it up first.

Tip: Try Pepperidge Farm Cornbread stuffing mix instead of regular breadcrumbs for the topping. Very yum with a little crunch. I think that's my favorite part. (unseasoned if you can find them, but herb seasoned is fine cuz the seasoning is hardly noticeable.)