Carnation Famous Fudge

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
This is the recipie my family uses every year for holiday fudge making. We make a good 100 batches, pour each batch into Ziploc Containers (1 batch will fill a large square container or can be divided in half into 2 small square containers) once cooled, put on lid and smack a bow on top for an instant gift. Perfect for teachers, pastors, neighbors, and friends. Great to have on hand to serve holiday guests! Play with it by adding candy flavoring oils, putting candy sprinkles on top of fudge once cooled, and different chopped nuts and dried fruit if desired.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil. (We pour directly into Pam sprayed ziploc containers)

COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. (We have found that it's easier to make in a heavy non stick pan, stiring with a silicone heatproof spatula)

STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into pieces.

FOR MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
SUBSTITUTE 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.

FOR BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE:
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.

FOR PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.

ADD-INS - In place of vanilla extract use a few drops of candy flavoring oils such as raspberry, peppermint, orange, ect. Dried cranberries are quite nice in white chocolate fudge.

Nutritional Information - CARNATION® Famous FudgeNutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/49 of recipe
Servings per Recipe: 49 pieces
footer_rule.gif

Amount per servingCalories: 150Calories from Fat: 60
footer_rule.gif
% Daily Value

footer_rule.gif
Total Fat: 6g
10%​

Saturated Fat: 2.5g
13%​

Cholesterol: 5mg
2%​

Sodium: 45mg
2%​

Carbohydrates: 24g
8%​

Dietary Fiber: 0g
0%​

Sugars: 20gProtein: 1g Vitamin A
0%​

Vitamin C
0%​

Calcium
2%​

Iron
0%​

footer_rule.gif
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet

TIP - Fudge can be frozen. Once cooled wrap tighly in plastic wrap (or if using ziploc containers, tighly cover) and freeze for up to 3 months)

M

MrsPinecone

This is great fudge. I made many a batch last year when Heidi gave me the recipe!

mmb1996

Trader Group
I won a batch of fudge from Heidi last year in a roak and it was great. I laughed when I just read the part of cutting it into 49 pieces, I ate half the container in one day by myself:Nod: I tried hiding the rest but my chocolate sniffing kids found it and finished off the other half.

M

MrsPinecone

I wish that she didn't find it necessary to post the calorie information, though. :rolleyes:

B

bexx09

I thought calories from chocolate didn't count during the holidays. ;)

I've also heard that eating while standing up cancels the calories out - YMMV :Nod:

L

LUV2SAVE

HELP! We tried to make fudge last night and it looked really really oily. I tried to soak it up with a paper towel and then put it in the fridge. This morning there is a white "bloom" on it. What did I do wrong? Is it ok to eat? I used the Ghiradelli (sp) baking chocolate, was that the problem?

Thanks!
LUVS

M

maraki3

Thank you for this great easy recipe. I was a hit, last night at a Christmas party.

M

MrsPinecone

LUV2SAVE said:
I used the Ghiradelli (sp) baking chocolate, was that the problem?

Probably. Baking chocolate (esp. Ghirardelli) has a higher cocoa butter content than chocolate chips do. The 'bloom' is the cocoa butter rising to the surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spacegirl99

LUV2SAVE said:
HELP! We tried to make fudge last night and it looked really really oily. I tried to soak it up with a paper towel and then put it in the fridge. This morning there is a white "bloom" on it. What did I do wrong? Is it ok to eat? I used the Ghiradelli (sp) baking chocolate, was that the problem?

Thanks!
LUVS

I always use chocolate chips.