Recipes - Question Cake Conversion. - UPDATE

T

Thrifty Bee

I have a pumpkin cake recipe I've made for years that's baked in a 13x9 pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes. This year I think I would like to make it in a bundt pan but I'm not sure about converting the oven temp or the baking time. Anyone have any suggestions?

T

Thrifty Bee

Re: Cake Conversion.

Yea, it helped, thank you. I studied the directions on a cake mix and there was 5 minute difference in the baking time of a bundt pan and a 13x9 pan. That would change the baking time from 25-30 minutes to 30-35 minutes and the article in the link you provided said 35-60 minutes. So I'm trying 35 minutes at first and then going from there.

I hope I'm not making a huge mistake, it's not as easy to tell when this cake is done as a normal cake because it is more moist.

T

Thrifty Bee

Re: Cake Conversion.

OK, it took 1 hour. But I used a convection oven and when I bake cakes and breads I reduce the temperature by 25 degrees and and add up to 25% to the cooking time. Someone cooking at 350 in a regular conventional may have done it in 50 minutes.

Everyone keep your figures crossed for me that it turned out as well on the inside as it did on the outside.