Costco Buying frozen bread/bakery items?

R

Rene S

Hello,

I read an article a while ago about Costco "secrets," and one item mentioned buying bread or bakery items in boxes, frozen, for you to bake at home and save more money. The article mentioned croissants.

I went to my local Costco last week and could not find any frozen bakery, so I asked an employee working in the bakery about it. It was news to her. She said most items were either made from scratch or proofed in the store. The only "bake at home" items were the brown-n-serve rolls.

Does this vary by store? Anyone know? I was curious to try some bread.

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
I haven't been in our local Costco yet so not much help but the article specifically meant frozen breads that they carried, not just them being a general way to save?

Never seen croissants, but have seen biscuits, flatbreads, French toast sticks, rolls and loaves of bread - all frozen - in other stores, including Walmart and Sams club.

C

cpaige

I was just in Costco the other day and I do not recall seeing anything like that in the frozen section - and I was seriously searching the frozen section that day for something for the little guy. I generally just buy a few loaves of bread and stick them in my freezer.

R

Rene S

I haven't been in our local Costco yet so not much help but the article specifically meant frozen breads that they carried, not just them being a general way to save?

Never seen croissants, but have seen biscuits, flatbreads, French toast sticks, rolls and loaves of bread - all frozen - in other stores, including Walmart and Sams club.

The author mentioned croissants in particular. Instead of buying the premade bag of two, to buy a box of frozen (assuming dough?) to make them yourself for far less money. Maybe it does vary by store.