Mod Of The Month March 2012 - The Grand Theft
Photo & recipe via Recipe Girl
14 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos)
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
23 fun-size butterfinger candy bars (or 15 ounces of butterfingers), divided
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups whole milk
2 large egg yolks
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375Â° F. In a food processor, process the cookies into fine crumbs. Add melted butter to crumbs and continue to process until well blended. Transfer mixture to a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes. The crust will puff up and shrink slightly. Use the flat bottom of a drinking glass to gently press down on the crust. Cool completely.
2. Prepare filling: In a food processor, process 20 of the butterfinger bars into fine crumbs. Divide the crumbs into two 1/2 cup portions and one 1 cup portion; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and milk. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Whisk in hot milk mixture 1 Tablespoon at a time until eggs are tempered (slowly warmed up). Then add eggs to remaining milk in the pan, bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture is thick. Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter. Scoop out 1 cup of the peanut butter mixture and put it in a medium bowl; cover and set aside. Add chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the butterfinger crumbs to the remaining peanut butter mixture in the saucepan. Stir until chips are melted. Pour this mixture into the cooled crust. Refrigerate while you're preparing the next layer.
4. Prepare peanut butter layer: Whip 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Scoop into the bowl with the reserved peanut butter filling and fold together with 1/2 cup of butterfinger crumbs too. Remove pie from refrigerator and mound peanut butter mixture evenly over chocolate layer and spread to the edges.
5. Prepare the topping: Whip the 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining 1 cup of butterfinger crumbs. Spoon over the top of the pie, mounding slightly in the center. Chop the remaining 3 fun-sized candy bars and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
6. Cover loosely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you don't have a food processor, throw cookies in a zip bag and smash it to smithereens. Candy bars too.
In step 3, if you add the eggs to the pan before they're warmed up properly, you'll end up with scrambled eggs. Warm them up slowly by adding the milk mixture a little at a time until they're quite warm.
Last edited by a moderator: