A great way to use that free/cheap cereal we have. I like using the special K with berries.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup salad oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups breakfast cereal (like Raisin Bran, All Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Grease 12 medium sized (2 3/4" diameter) muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk together with oil, milk and honey.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; mixed well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until flour is moist (batter should be lumpy).
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter, and bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted).
- Remove from pan immediately.