BLT stuffed tomatoes

C

chitownmelli

This is a recipe that I used to make all of the time. I found it in an old Taste of Home cookbook that I had years ago.

Ingredients
16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley

Directions
Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.

C

clippyclippy

Oh, yum - I actually have all the ingredients, and I'm starving hungry!

Only problem is, once I make them I'm sure I'll eat all of them.
Then I'll have eaten a pound of bacon and a half cup of mayo....:rolleyes24:

C

cheynesnana

Those sound so yummy Melli... but what does everybody else eat? :hysterical6:

C

chitownmelli

They can have them, I don't like raw tomatoes LOL! Yet another thing that I cook for everyone else and have never tasted lol. DH is my taste tester.

C

clippyclippy

I averted a very regretful event!
I just cut the tomatoes up, added a few slices of bacon crumbled, parmesan, green onion and made a meal out of it.
th_2013-02-12131323_zps3a897bb3.jpg

It's all gone now!

lazy1608

Trader Group
I have made these as well but I use larger tomatoes (usually campari) otherwise it is very difficult to scoop out the inner parts of the tomato. I have also used a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the stuff since they are rugged edged rather than smooth like a regular spoon.

C

chitownmelli

I like the size of the campari tomatoes for this as well - then it makes a larger appetizer or can be served alongside dinner. I always use these for get togethers.