Household Blender-Buying Advice Needed....ASAP!!!!

XUfan

Member Of The Month May 2010
Trader Group
Do you use a blender to make smoothies, etc? If so...I need your help!!

I had the hardest time, thinking of something I could get for my son and his wife for Christmas. I put out lots of feelers, and finally got an answer from his father-in-law!

They make smoothies almost daily, and they're having issues with their blender...or blenders. From what he said, one has a crack in the base, and the other overheats.

So...I want to get them a good blender, that can withstand daily smoothie making. And, I really need it to cost less than $100. Also, at this late date, it has to be IN a store! I know a lot of places promise delivery by Christmas Eve, but I need it in my hands so I'm not stressing about it!

HELP!!!!!

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Walmart has several available in your price range so I hope your store has them in stock. Use the brand name to search other stores or Amazon.

XUfan

Trader Group
Jasmine...thanks for your help. Those look great!

Does anyone have first-hand experience with a smoothie blender? I don't make them myself, but I want to get them one that works really well.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
A co-worker has used the Ninja line and are very satisified with the blender. My brother has the $400 Vitamix and has had no issues with it.

XUfan

Trader Group
A co-worker has used the Ninja line and are very satisified with the blender. My brother has the $400 Vitamix and has had no issues with it.

Thanks! I normally would ask my daughter, since her husband makes smoothies daily too, but they're on vacation in Mexico for Christmas.

So many of the things I'm looking up are not in stock in our local stores. Darn! The Nutri Bullet you posted first got great reviews, and is actually in stock at Bed Bath & Beyond....and I have a 20% off coupon! I think I'll go tomorrow.

mtka

Trader Group
I have the Ninja blender/food processor with a base and 3 bowls and it works great for smoothies and other stuff. It has different size bowls for a personal size or doing multiple sizes, which has come in handy but takes up a good amount of space. My aunt has the more expensive Nutri Ninja with IQ thing. I was up there this weekend and it took about five minutes for it to make a smoothie and was extremely loud. It has a 60 second timer and starts and stops to let the fruit fall. It would drive me nuts for it to be that loud and she ran it for 4 cycles before it was ready. I wouldn't want that one.

Linda_in_FL

Cancer Research Warrior!
Trader Group
I have the NutriBullet and like it. Used it last night for a banana/walnut/almond milk drink because I read that bananas and walnuts help you fall asleep - It DID NOT for me but I like that drink.
- Our daughter in GA is a Nutritional counselor and uses and recommends the Ninja blender/food processor - I THINK it is more expensive. Does more ALSO
I never heard her mention the noise that mtka mentioned tho and would not like that!!!!

Linda