Black Bean Brownies (2 WW Points each!)

M

MrsPinecone

1 box brownie mix
1 can (15 oz) black beans

Open the can of black beans, rinse well. With beans back in the can, add enough water to cover beans. Put in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, and then bake according to package directions.

You DO NOT add the eggs or oil that the recipe calls for, JUST the black bean puree!

Makes 20 brownies-- 2 Weight Watcher Points each!

These are pretty rich and fudgy, and DH couldn't tell that they weren't "regular" brownies. They have lots of protein and fiber, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

powercat24

Wow!! I have never heard of these...I am definitely going to try them out! Thank you for sharing!! My DH has high cholesterol, type 2 Diabetes, etc so these will be such a great alternative to the real thing!!

M

MrsPinecone

I was really excited about them, too. I am doing pretty well on WW, and I like to save a point or two for dessert every day. It makes it seem less like a DIET and more a lifestyle thing, if you KWIM.

And the really cool part is that they can totally be made from stockpile ingredients!

H

hopeky94

What size pan do you bake these in? And is the brownie mix the "family" size one or the smaller one that normally makes one 8x8 pan full?

TIA, and thanks for the recipe, OP!! :biggrin:

M

MrsPinecone

Regular size brownies and whatever pan the box tells you to use.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

Wow, this sounds totally nasty, so you know I have to try it!

L

luv2bwithmygirls

Did you use a low fat brownie mix for this or just a regular brownie mix?

D

Debbieomi

MMMM I love brownies and I love black beans. Not sure about mixing them but if it helps with my sweet tooth and doesn't add on the pounds, I guess I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for posting.

Q

QueenAngie

Sounds like an easy recipe.

Everybody loves brownies.

Ok, I have to ask......do they give a person 'gas?'

T

trott

SO... Has anyone tried this????

I'm very curious about this one... it really does not sound appetizing, but would be perfect for me and a few of my friends... PLEASE let me know how these turned out! Thanks!

M

momyshaver

I am so curious about this recipe..may have to try it, as I am a chocolate lover and also enjoy black beans. Had to :hysterical: about the gas question though.. I didn't think about that but it would make sense if they did. Oh well.. just extra motivation to not eat too many brownies.. or the smell will tell:wink7::giggle2:

S

susuzpandamonium

"Had to :hysterical: about the gas question though.. I didn't think about that but it would make sense if they did."

That's what all that Beano is for!

M

MrsPinecone

I did, which is why I posted the recipe. :biggrin: They're good.

T

twomoms

just wondering does anyone have the nutrition facts for this? calories, etc and how much would a 'serving' be?

R

RosieG

just wondering does anyone have the nutrition facts for this? calories, etc and how much would a 'serving' be?

I only have a family size, but there are nutrition facts on the side of the box for the mix only. You could look on the brownie box and the can and get pretty close to what you want to know.

M

MrsPinecone

They're about 100 calories per brownie.

Serving size is based on the brownie box, so about 20 servings per 9x13 pan of brownies.

L

Lieuvena

I just tried these and they are good. My kids liked them and didn't notice the difference. Haven't tried them on DH yet because he's at work. This is a great way to sneak some beans in on your kids who don't eat them! Thanks for the recipe!!!:biggrin: