Biscuit Pudding (See Post #7)

M

mama22qts

I have 6 leftover homemade buttermilk biscuits. What can I make with them?

T

texxie

if you have eggs, sausage and/or bacon and sliced cheese, you can make your own breakfast sandwhiches.

I do this for DH all the time so he can grab one out of the freezer on his way to work. Theese are so convienent but really expensive if bought at the store. they freeze very well. just make your own, wrap in a paper towel then foil, bag em and in the freezer they go! HTH

C

chitownmelli

girl, you would be best to just toss some white gravy on them. It would really be best for everyone. (I lost my privilege to biscuits and gravy years ago, so someone needs to eat them on my behalf lol!!!)

C

couponfanatic

Heat them in the microwave, slice, then add butter and honey.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

I'd make some sausage or cream gravy and eat them- even if they are a little dry or from the day before, this will make them good as new!

You could also make some country-style pot pie, just add them on top of your favorite stew!

If no one wants biscuits right now, just freeze them in a ziploc bag and reheat them later.

J

jedda

I agree with the previous poster who said to toss them in a ziploc and freeze them.

Some morning, you can just sprinkle them with a bit of water and pop them into the toaster oven for a bit, and they will be a very welcome addition to your breakfast table.

Or, if you want to use them right now, you could make bread pudding. I do it all the time with whatever stale bread-y stuff we have on hand.

E

ElaineHN

Biscuit Pudding

Biscuit Pudding

6 cold biscuits
1 cup water
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup evaporated milk
Soak crumbled biscuits in hot water for a few minutes; add sugar, butter, nutmeg, raisins, beaten eggs, and milk, mixing after each addition. Pour into 1-quart greased baking dish; bake in preheated 350° oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned.

S

server18

I like to butter them and then put in toaster oven. If you don't have one then butter them and put butter side down in a pan. Nothing better than a grilled biscuit :whistle67:

angeleyeza

Crazy Qpon Lady
Trader Group
slice them in halve and take a few cans of potato soup pour over top of them and bake mMmMmm...