Big Lots -- Two Free Jars of Spice for Loyalty Members -- April 23 -25, 2021

flowerkitty

Super Swapper
Trader Group
@Gardencook - thanks for this. I seem to miss the emails sent.
I was able to pick up the 2 free spices on Saturday and the nice woman that rang my order up added my phone number to my account.
I had originally signed up online and never received a hard plastic card.
Each time I would shop there I would have to give my email I thought the acct. was attached to. I felt this was a hassle and rarely shopped there. I had even asked for a new card at the register at some point and it was a no go.
Perhaps the system has been streamlined and next time will be easier.

Gardencook

Trader Group
@Gardencook - thanks for this. I seem to miss the emails sent.
I was able to pick up the 2 free spices on Saturday and the nice woman that rang my order up added my phone number to my account.
I had originally signed up online and never received a hard plastic card.
Each time I would shop there I would have to give my email I thought the acct. was attached to. I felt this was a hassle and rarely shopped there. I had even asked for a new card at the register at some point and it was a no go.
Perhaps the system has been streamlined and next time will be easier.
We originally got a card to go with our account, but along the way it wore out and wouldn't scan any longer.

The clerk handed me another and insisted I needed to switch over. I dreaded it, because I was afraid it would make a mess of our account. Our original problem was that when they first brought out the program we were traveling and I didn't think it would make a difference if I picked up a card in Utah instead of Idaho as long as we were there. After all, it is a national chain, isn't it?

That was a BIG mistake! Turned out at the time Idaho had a different program than Utah! Even though I gave them our Idaho address and phone number when I registered, I'd get offers by e-mail that others in my city didn't and I was supposed to get a special deal after so many purchases in Idaho and didn't get that either! It took me quite a while to figure out what was going on. I took a pile of the receipts I still had into our local store and a helpful manager credited me for those, but it was a mess. That's why I was terrified to switch to another card. :rolleyes:

However, by the time I added the new card they seemed to have streamlined the system and it was a pretty easy process that went seamlessly. We've got a program (at least here -- don't know if it is nationwide) where after every third purchase you get a reward coupon. It takes a couple days to register, but I'm even able to keep track of that quite well by going into my account. (Seems like they issue the reward coupon on the Friday after you make your third purchase.)

Our stores have cards right at the registers here, you just pick up a new set (one wallet card with two key ring ones) and you can add the new card and delete the old one pretty easily -- although, now that I think of it -- they've just done a revamp here of how you get to the registers. (They have a maze of displays for a crowd to snake through if there are a lot of customers waiting now. I suppose it has to do with Covid, but they say they are doing it nationwide.) I haven't noticed whether they have cards at the register since that happened, but they always have in the past. You might want to check. ;)