Big Lots Big Lots ~ Roll Call For Big Lots Shoppers

Gardencook

Trader Group
I got a nice surprise at the end of last week when Big Lots sent a coupon for a free bottle of Victor Allen Coffee. It only lasted two days, but that's the first time they've sent a coupon like that. Hope they start doing similar promotions in the future!

Of course, we picked up a few things while we were in the store and that made another third visit so we're now eligible for another $5/$15 reward. However, when a coupon like that is your third qualifying visit you don't get your reward for more than a week later. They have a rule of no more than one rewards coupon per week, so apparently even if your third visit is a Friends and Family coupon your next reward is delayed.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Big Lots sent us a coupon for a free liter of Dad's Root Beer on Thursday. Of course, it arrived AFTER we'd checked out of our hotel so we didn't stop at Big Lots on the road home.

By the time we could print it and get into the store Friday, the store claimed it was out. The coupon was supposedly good through Sunday. BOO! I HATE bait-and-switch deals.

We always make a point of leaving the store without purchasing anything when that happens. Normally, we would have shopped around and no doubt found something.

Big Lots has been sending a free coupon occasionally, but I've noticed they hardly have any items in stock when we get there -- this time nothing.

I love the fact they are offering an occasional perk to best customers, but I wish they'd send extra stock to each store to cover it when they do.

Gardencook

Trader Group
This was Friends and Family Weekend again.

We dropped in this evening and picked up a few items. Found some Welch's Fruit Juice Concentrate which is basically a 12-oz can like the frozen stuff -- but doesn't need to be refrigerated.

I've used a similar Ocean Spray product in the past. It is so handy for fruit crisp which I make using concentrated juice as a sweetener. Just wish I'd seen it sooner at Bit Lots, because they only had three cans when I found it today. I would have paid full price of 75 cents if I'd known earlier.

Haven't been able to figure out what local grocery stores carry the non-refrigerated concentrate, so the only place I've ever bought it is Big Lots.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Mostly just picked up a few odds and ends at Friends and Family this time. The things they only get in on rare occasions weren't in stock today.

I did buy a rather pretty necklace -- not for the necklace itself, but for the chain it came on. It will seem like a shame to remove the charm from it, but I broke the chain on a pendant watch I love and haven't been able to find a replacement at jewelry or hobby stores.

They also had some nice fall paper plates and napkins so we picked up some for entertaining as long as they were discounted.

They had a section of stationery items on clearance for 75 percent off and I found some plastic four pocket folders just like the plastic two pocket ones I use for travel to hold things like hotel reservations, restaurant coupons and travel itineraries.

Two pockets usually aren't enough, so I thought I'd try the four pocket ones and see if they make organization easier.

If anyone is in the market for an enameled cast iron Dutch oven they have had some nice ones in stock for a while now. I didn't get the exact price, but they're somewhere in the neighborhood of $36 to $38 so the F&F discount would make a pretty tidy savings.

itsfun2save

Trader Group
The 20% sale applies to everything in store including furniture and matresses. They are having a closeout sale on matresses starting at $188 and up. Does not include boxspring or bedframe (additional fees).

Gardencook

Trader Group
This weekend is Friends and Family again -- Saturday, Sunday and Monday. That means 20 percent off virtually everything except refrigerated/frozen items -- although everything in the fridge and freezer was on sale for 25 percent off yesterday when we were in our store.

We had a rewards coupon and got some really good deals ahead of the sale.

Gardencook

Trader Group
Thu, Mar 12, 2020 4:37 pm
mail

Precautions we're taking to help keep you safe View email in your browser

Dear Big Lots Shopper,

At Big Lots, we value our customers as much as they value a great deal. With concern continuing to grow about the spread of Coronavirus and the resulting illness, COVID-19, I want to personally assure you that Big Lots has your back.

As your favorite neighborhood discount store, we're laser-focused on ensuring that our stores stay clean, our customers stay healthy, our associates stay vigilant, and our shelves stay stocked with the critical products you need.

We're taking numerous steps to protect you, our team, and our stores from the spread of infection during this concerning time.

We regularly give these reminders to all of our associates:

Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly (20 seconds, minimum)
Adopt an alternative to the handshake
Avoid contact with sick people
Avoid touching your own eyes/nose/mouth
Stay home if you or someone in your home is feeling sick

Additionally, all of our 1,400+ stores are following procedures to help ensure the good health of our customers.

Hand sanitizer is at every register and sanitizing wipes are near the shopping carts & baskets.

All registers, credit card pin pads, phones, and door handles are wiped down frequently throughout the day.

We're working hard to keep critical products stocked in our stores so they're there when you need them.

We're taking meaningful steps behind the scenes, as well. To ensure the safety and health of all Big Lots associates, we've suspended all non-critical corporate air travel, and the Big Lots Foundation is prepared to provide financial support to any member of our Big Lots family should they be directly affected and experience a financial hardship.

Again, I want to assure you that we've got your back. We've put these measures in place because we want you and your loved ones to stay safe, healthy, and comfortable until this public health issue is behind us all.

With lots of concern and caring,