Betty Crocker Instant Potatoes

C

college couponer

Hi, I've read posts on this site for a few months now (and have a great stockpile going) but this is my first post. I have been unable to resist the betty crocker instant potato deal at Kroger and now have a bunch of instant potatoes. Does anyone have any good recipes for these (besides simple mashed potates)? Thanks!

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
You can always add shredded cheddar cheese, bacon bits cream cheese or sour cream. I'm not sure how those would hold up but you might even be able to make those fried mashed potato patties with them. Can't remember what they're called.

Go to allrecipes.com and look up mashed potatoes.

I went there and clicked on the search feature where it says "Ingredients" and put "mashed potatoes" in the section of "ingredients I want" and it came up with several things to do with them. Here is that link:

Allrecipes - Ingredient Search

Oops, wasn't trying to duplicate Jenna's reply, I was working on this as she posted so didn't see it til after I hit submit.

C

Cynthiabutterfly

seconded on the shepard's pie. My kids thought it was hamburger helper with mashed potatoes, two of their favorite foods.

1lb ground beef
1/2 cup minced onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag frozen peas
2 pouches instant potatoes
4oz cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef and onions. Add cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas and 1/2 cup water (you can add more water as needed while cooking) simmer for 5 minutes. meanwhile, make instant potatoes as directed, adding cream cheese. Put ground beef mixture in casserole dish (2qt) and top with potatoes. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, then top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake 5 more min or until cheese melts.