Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
2 lb. ground beef
1 pouch dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup water

Directions:

MIX thoroughly 1/2 cup tomato soup, beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and egg. Shape firmly into 8x4" loaf in baking pan.

BAKE at 350°F. for 1 1/4 hr. or until done.

MIX 2 tbsp. drippings, remaining tomato soup and water in saucepan. Heat through. Serve with meat loaf.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

flash

If your cabinets are overflowing with Ritz crackers and tomato soup from the holidays, try these easy variation

Ingredients:

2 cans (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
2-3 lb. ground beef
1 tube Ritz crackers, crushed (approximately 1 -2 cups)
1/4 cup dried onion
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:

MIX thoroughly: 1 can tomato soup, beef, onion, cracker crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper. Shape into a loaf in a 11x 7 or larger pan.

Spread second can of tomato soup over the top and sides of the loaf.

BAKE at 350°F. for 1 1/2 - 2 hr. or until done.

E

esperanza

I always add ketchup to my meatloaf but never thought of tomato soup. Thanks for the tip.

N

nmeadows0101

how much (

Stove Top Stuffing good too!!

do you add?

can you use spag. sauce instead of tomatoe soup?

G

gem7

I tried adding the stovetop stuffing as a filler tonight to the meatloaf and it was wonderful. Other ingredients included 1 egg and worcestshire sauce and some garlic powder. Put the tomato puree on top at the end.

My DH walked in from work and was like, "What is that wonderful smell?" "That's your dinner hunney!" He was so happy. He thought I had been cooking all afternoon and I had just put it in the oven 15 minutes before he got home. Now it would've been ready when he got home, but he was home 45 minutes early, so he had to wait.

B

barb1210

The original Campbells recipe

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
2 lb. ground beef
1 pouch dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup water

Directions:

MIX thoroughly 1/2 cup tomato soup, beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and egg. Shape firmly into 8x4" loaf in baking pan.

BAKE at 350°F. for 1 1/4 hr. or until done.

MIX 2 tbsp. drippings, remaining tomato soup and water in saucepan. Heat through. Serve with meat loaf.

This is how mom did it only with a some worcestershire sauce added to the meat... And no loaf pan.. Just shaped in a 13X9 pan..

I also use some of the onion soup mix with extra dried minced onion for the out side for the crust..