Mod Of The Month July 2011
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
Banana-Cinnamon Muffins Recipe from Betty Crocker

e77cdb70f84a31bb422196b3efbe6fe8.jpg

Banana-Cinnamon Muffins

Love banana bread? Get the same great flavor with sweet muffins that bake a whole lot faster.

Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
Makes 12 muffins

Muffins:
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2/3 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 small)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 2/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or spray, or line with paper baking cups.

• In medium bowl, beat 2/3 cup sugar, the oil and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in remaining muffin ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
  • Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.
  • In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip muffin tops into melted butter, then into cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins

greenfrog's note:
I used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 regular flour. After baking, I sprayed the muffins with butter spray and sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on top (instead of dipping in melted butter). YUM!

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
Looks like a great breakfast. My kids would like these...if they would stop eating all the bananas before they get speckled and ripe!

greenfrog57

Mod Of The Month July 2011
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Trader Group
Looks like a great breakfast. My kids would like these...if they would stop eating all the bananas before they get speckled and ripe!
Just leave the bananas on the counter and leave town for Spring Break like we did. LOL