Banana Bread (Post #18)

C

cutenirish

Need a recipe :) thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cutenirish

TY TY TY -- going to make it tomorrow i think i've got enough to make TWO large loafs :) :) :) I love bananna bread :)

B

BzyBee

Don't forget how much it rises...I forgot to move the upper rack one time and my B. bread baked right into it...:(

C

cutenirish

Re: Bananna Bread

okay the banana bread is done YUMMY!! Two loafs :)

YouPdWhat

Mod Of The Month July 2007
Trader Group
Re: Bananna Bread

I didn't view the above link but to give mine a diff. taste I add cranberries, apples or strawberries, nuts, also use orange juice. I have added various things in with the bananas. So far DH likes everything I have tried.

ETA: Applesauce is another thing that I tried adding & it works great also!

Last edited:
C

Coupon*Crazy*Mom

I know this is an older thread but I thought I'd share anyways. :smile:

I just made my very first ever banana bread yesterday. It came out delicious!!!!

Link

Next time I will use (1) 9x5 pan because it doesn't make (2) 8x4 loafs as the recipe states.

C

cutenirish

i found a killer recipe as well :) i'm checking your's out :) Thanks

I

isis

This is the version I use from all recipes:Janet's Rich Banana Bread
I add a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg since it doesn't call for it. I also mash the bananas rather than slice them as the recipes calls for. It is super yummy!

queenofthehivemomof5

Admin Hottie
Trader Group
I use the recipie out of my old Martha Stewart Entertaining Cookbook. (last page of recipies in the book) and find that it is YUMMY..smells great, very moist and tastes great with some cream cheese on it.

Here is link to the recipie on her site HERE only thing I do differently is add an extra TSP of vanilla extract. The sour cream is the key I think in this recipie. When its cooking it will look like its getting too brown on top. But go ahead and bake it for the full 70 mins. Its not burnt I swear.

Kristen.C

Trader Group
I use the recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I actually just made some for Labor Day weekend! I like the recipe because it has a streusel topping that you put on top of the bread and it gives it something extra.

C

Coupon*Crazy*Mom

Kristen.Carrasco said:
I use the recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I actually just made some for Labor Day weekend! I like the recipe because it has a streusel topping that you put on top of the bread and it gives it something extra.

streusel topping?!?!?! That's just what my big butt needs! :rolleyes: :hysterical:

Do you have a link?

Kristen.C

Trader Group
Coupon*Crazy*Mom said:
streusel topping?!?!?! That's just what my big butt needs! :rolleyes: :hysterical:

Do you have a link?

I didn't find one online. I will post the recipe here either tonight or tomorrow when I get some time.

C

Coupon*Crazy*Mom

Kristen.Carrasco said:
I didn't find one online. I will post the recipe here either tonight or tomorrow when I get some time.

Thanks! :Nod:

P

ptlycloudy

In an effort to try to eat a little better I make some of the banana bread recipes from Cooking Light magazine. Here is the link to the Classic recipe I have also used the chocolate swirl which is good. The key is the yogurt for the very moist bread. I have used many different yogurt flavors and they all work well. My kids love for me to make this and the lower fat content helps. I like to pretend that banana bread can be nutritional in a pinch as opposed to something like cupcakes.

Kristen.C

Trader Group
Banana Bread (From Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 55 minutes
Oven: 350 degrees F
Makes 1 loaf (16 servings)

Ingredients:
2 C all purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t ground cinnamon
1/8 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t salt
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 C mashed bananas (5 medium)
1 C sugar
1/2 C cooking oil, or melted butter/margarine
1/4 C chopped walnuts
1 recipe Streusel-Nut Topping, below (optional)

1. Grease bottom and sides of one 9x5x3" or two 7&1/2x3&1/2x2" loaf pans; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy.) Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). If desired, sprinkle Streusel-Nut Topping over batter.

3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes for 9x5x3" pan, or 40-45 minutes for 7&1/2x3&1/2x2" loaf pans, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

Streusel Nut Topping
In a small bowl combine 1/4 C packed brown sugar, and 3 T all purpose flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in 2 T butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 C chopped walnuts.