Baked Ham Rigatoni

judy27

Trader Group
OH WOW!!!! That looks delicious RENEE!!!!! :smile7:

I think you just decided my dinner for Saturday!!! :BigHand: Yeah, no cooking for me during the week. After working all day, the last thing I want to do is cook!!! :rolleyes24: Oh, I might cook a frozen pizza or grab something quick!!! That is the extent my cooking during the week!!!!

judy27

Trader Group
I notice that this recipe calls for Shredded Mozzarella..... I wonder how it would be with Cheddar Cheese???? Kind of a Baked macaroni and cheese WITH HAM!!!! :wink7: I think I will try it with X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese!!!! :smile7:

C

chitownmelli

Judy, it would probably be great with Cheddar. What I HAVE to throw in there though, from experience in cheese sauce making is to get that heat nice and low if you use cheddar, I find cheddar sauces break SO easily or become grainy. My trick thus far is either to melt it as low as possible, or not use cheddar LOL!!!!

I've been thinking about this dish since I saw it here, I am thinking about adding it to next week's menu.

C

chitownmelli

oh, high quality cheese, I would say, too Judy. Maybe fresh off the block rather than the pre shredded that has the powdery coating....

judy27

Trader Group
oh, high quality cheese, I would say, too Judy. Maybe fresh off the block rather than the pre shredded that has the powdery coating....

Thanks Melli - LOL!! I think I may have some "connections" and will definitely use "high quality" cheese!!!

I SO appreciate you input :smile7: - I am REALLY starving now!!!! LUNCH TIME!!!!! :BigHand:

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
I hope it's as good as it sounds ladies - good luck with it! I'm thinking lots of different cheeses would be good with this Judy! Luckily for you that's not a problem!!!

judy27

Trader Group
LOL RENEE!!! I am SO making this this weekend and I am definitely using Cheddar - MY FAVORITE Cheddar - NYS Adam's Reserve!!! Yup - MY cheese!!!! :wink7: