Recipes - 5 Ingredients Or Less Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits

C

chitownmelli

Bacon, egg and cheese biscuits

Step one, mix and bake 6 eggs and a splash of milk, bacon folded into rounds, and the biscuits at 350 until each are done. They will come out at slightly different times, but the total cook time is between 17-22 minutes.

Step 2 - put bacon rounds onto the biscuits

Step 3 - top bacon rounds with egg rounds that were cut out with a biscuit cutter. (I chopped up the leftover "scraps" - LO will gladly eat those as breakfast tomorrow, waste not want not!)

Step 4 - top with cheese. Place biscuit tops on and put them in the oven for just a couple of minutes to get all melty and delicious.

These were far more delicious than the fast food place that must not be named that serves the same thing. And my cost to make 6 of them (2 left over biscuits) was:

eggs - egglands organic 3.50 - .75/1 q doubled = $2 so for 6 eggs $1
biscuits - .99, also used a doubled q, so .30 off of that = .69
bacon - half a pound thick cut bacon @ 3.99/ lb so about $2 for the bacon for this recipe
cheese - 1.49 for 12 slices so .75 for this recipe

Total: $4.44 for 6 bacon egg and cheese biscuits or .74 each. What a bargain!!! At least I think it is :)

Green is Gold

Member of the Month 6/12 - Queen Of Circle Driving
Staff member
Trader Group
Wow, even the kids would eat 'em!:giggle2:Looks delish...and easy!

C

chitownmelli

I used to do them where you cook each egg in a pan one at a time, and flip 'em real quick before they over cook, yeah that was pretty annoying lol! Then I found this thing on pinterest that said to cook them in muffin tins - that was pretty cool except when LO and I did our test run this morning, we found that a regular muffin tin made eggs that were just too small for Grands biscuits (so we had them on dinner rolls) and so thought since I don't have a jumbo muffin tin, I will just make a "sheet" of eggs and cut them out! Worked like a charm. From what I understand, these freeze and reheat pretty well too. People have suggested reheating them in the oven or toaster oven though, because apparently microwave makes the biscuit all rubbery. I hope you try this, it was fun and delicious.

C

chitownmelli

update! When using grands biscuits, they reheat VERY well. I have a 1200W microwave and I heated it for 15 seconds, took it out and checked it, and microwaved for another 15 seconds and they were perfect and fluffy and very delicious :D

A

aimeebee

We usually make them one at a time, putting the egg in a biscuit cutter so it will fit in the biscuit. But,ya gotta love pinterest. (Saw it there too.) Thanks for the reminder, melli. On my short list of things to try. :)

ETA: wonder if the muffin pan that holds 6 bigger muffins would work better with the Grands. I have a 50% off Joanns coupon. :whistle67:

C

chitownmelli

That's what I was thinking, jumbo muffin tins. I just don't feel like buying any lol!