ASAP thoughts needed on Pork Chop - Slow cooker recipe

J

Jillee

I forgot to come back and post. I loved the flavor/sauce mixure we all came up with but the pork chops themselves turned out dry. Is that because they were thin - they were about 3/4 inch or that I cooked them on high? Any thoughts?

The creamed corn was fabulous!

Thanks for all the help...

I find that happening when I cook on high as well. I TRY to allow enough time so I don't have to use the high setting. Course my crockpot is ANCIENT, so it may have something to do with that. :-/

O

ocean_brez

I forgot to come back and post. I loved the flavor/sauce mixure we all came up with but the pork chops themselves turned out dry. Is that because they were thin - they were about 3/4 inch or that I cooked them on high? Any thoughts?

The creamed corn was fabulous!

Thanks for all the help...
A lot of times it has to do with the amount of liquid in the crockpot and also the amount of fat in the meat. If both were a little on the lean side, it will affect the tenderness of the meat. Perhaps add a little more liquid (water works well in that it also provides a steaming affect) the next time you try this out and I bet you will get a better result. Overall though, it sounds like your pork chops tasted delish! :BigHand: