Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)Ingredients
1 cup long-grain white rice (155 g)
3 cups water
3 inches cinnamon sticks or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
4 cups milk (or for richer pudding substitute 1 can of evaporated milk and add enough regular milk to equal 4 cup)
1 1/2 cups sugar, to taste (375g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the water, cinnamon, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; lower the heat and cook, covered, until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the milk and sugar, stirring constantly, over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add the vanilla and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter or individual bowls and refrigerate.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon, banana, raisins if desired. (I normally put banana and ground cinnamon yum!!!)
- *Just to let you know this taste delicious Hot but can also be eaten cold the next day