Anyone an Airbnb host?

Discussion in 'Hot Entrepreneurs: Build Wealth & Share Links' started by 3timesoccermom, Dec 13, 2016.

1. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original "Viral" Foodie

One of my girls just started doing this and I am interested in hearing of any tips or suggestions someone with experience might have to offer,

Her first booking - last weekend - was a couple from Canada, the one she has this week is originally from Africa and early next year she has someone from Italy coming for 6 weeks.

2. KmmCo

KmmCo Well-Known Member Trader Group

No experience with AirBnB, but I am interested to hear how it goes....

My vacation rental has a professional property manager because I don't have time right now to do it myself, but they take a big cut in $$. Later on I might like to do AirBnb and/or VRBO though. It is a stand alone apartment though and not just a room in my house - I don't think I would really want to do that myself - my family's work hours are too crazy weird.

3. 3timesoccermom

3timesoccermom The Original "Viral" Foodie

It's been great! She has already had several visitors; one man lived in Africa before moving to the US, a couple was from Canada and there is a college professor coming from Italy for 6 weeks next month. What a fascinating cultural experience getting to see and talk to people from all over!

Since she is new her rental fee is pretty low so Air.. doesn't take much for their fee.

It seems to be a very well-run operation with multiple levels of safety features.

I'm sure you would do well with it.