Kohl's Any advantage to buying my gift cards at Kohl's for other stores?

B

blakesmom911

I buy a lot of gift cards for people for the holidays. Yesterday,when shopping at Kohls, I noticed that they sell a bunch of gift card for other places like Lowes, Home Depot, etc... I'm sure the 30% coupons don't work on those but can you get kohl's cash for purchasing them on your Kohl's credit card? For example, if I decide to purchase all my gift cards there and spend $150, and put it on my Kohl's card, will I get $30 in Kohl's cash? If not, does anyone know of a good place to buy gift cards? Thanks!

L

love2save

Very good question. I'm following. Anyone know of any perks to this???:wave88:

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
That would be great but no, it won't work. I am tagging [MENTION=32345]clippyclippy[/MENTION] on this because I remember a scenario last year where she bought gift cards (possibly discounted to start with) at Kroger (do you have Kroger there?) and got a gas discount and practically took home a Kitchen Aid mixer for free because of her working the deal so well. I exaggerate but not much. :wink7: She might have some suggestions.

If you can wait just a little longer there will start to be a lot of deals and bonuses on gift card purchases.

Also, are you a Sam's Club or other warehouse club member? They often have gift cards for pretty good discounts. I believe they are going to sell the $100 pack of iTunes cards starting in a couple of weeks for $80. Here's a link with more discounted gift cards from Sam's. Look especially at the "Extreme Value" cards - there are several that are valued at $50 and sell for $40. Hope this helps some!

Gift & Service Cards - Sam's Club

Here is the wording about the Kohl's cash.

Kohl's will advertise Kohl's Cash® events on the Kohls.com homepage and in our other advertising. The dates for earning and redeeming Kohl's Cash® in-store or online are also disclosed on Kohls.com and in our print advertising.

• Kohl's Cash® can be earned in our stores, at a kiosk, or online during events run periodically.
  • Kohl’s Cash® is earned on the purchase amount after all applicable discounts are applied and before tax is applied.
  • The promotion dates are based on Central Time.
Kohl’s Cash® is not legal tender. No cash back. Customer will receive a $10 Kohl's Cash® Coupon for the first $50 in purchases. An additional $10 in value will be added to the coupon for each additional $50 spent in that single transaction. Purchases may not be combined to earn additional Kohl's Cash®. Kohl’s Cash® is earned on the amount of customer purchases after all applicable discounts are applied and before tax is imposed. Eligible customer purchases include sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise, but exclude the purchase of Gift Cards. Offer may be redeemed with any other offer, but cannot be redeemed for cash. Kohl’s Cash® will be applied prior to percent-off total purchase discounts. Kohl's Cash® may not be redeemed (1) to purchase Kohl's Cares® cause merchandise or other charitable items; (2) to reduce customer’s Kohl's Charge or any third party charge account balance; (3) as price adjustments on prior purchases; or (4) to purchase Gift Cards. If merchandise purchased earning a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon is subsequently returned or price adjusted, the value of the Kohl’s Cash® Coupon previously earned and/or the amount of the merchandise refund will be reduced to reflect any unearned value. Return value of merchandise purchased with a Kohl’s Cash® Coupon may be subject to adjustment. Offer is not transferable.

I buy a lot of gift cards for people for the holidays. Yesterday,when shopping at Kohls, I noticed that they sell a bunch of gift card for other places like Lowes, Home Depot, etc... I'm sure the 30% coupons don't work on those but can you get kohl's cash for purchasing them on your Kohl's credit card? For example, if I decide to purchase all my gift cards there and spend $150, and put it on my Kohl's card, will I get $30 in Kohl's cash? If not, does anyone know of a good place to buy gift cards? Thanks!

bugweena

Trader Group
I would wait for some gift card deals. The grocery stores and drug stores have GC deals around the holidays. No advantage to using your kohl's charge card b/c the discounts aren't applicable to GC.

jastwins

※Kaboom!・:・:・゜
Trader Group
Sometimes CVS give you 10 ECB if yiu spend so much in giftcards or buy a particular one. I have seen deals on Ebay too and have purchased a few GCs from them with no problems. You just have to hit it at the right time.

C

clippyclippy

You got the right answers already. I don't see any advantages to buying gift cards at Kohl's.
But yes, look out for some gift card deals at other stores - I did get a fabulous deal on a KitchenAid mixer last year. I got it down to less than $100, and then sold it on Craigslist for $200 :biggrin:

J

joshmamabear

Kohl's qualify for the Q4 5% CB of Chase Freedom. I think I bought some GCs there and got 5% CB last year so I don't see why it won't work this year. Other stores that qualify are JCP, Macy, Nordstrom and list of other online only stores in their website.

B

bhp6636

I've shopped at Kohl's forever, if you're spending money on your Kohl's Charge, I can't see why it would matter what it is. You should get the Kohl's cash. But don't quote me on that, I've never tried. I do love Kohl's cash though, it's a brilliant marketing strategy.

3timesoccermom

The Original "Viral" Foodie
Unfortunately it does matter (to Kohl's anyway) and buying gift cards with your Kohl's charge will not get you Kohl's cash.

This is from the Kohl's site:

"Kohl’s Cash® is earned on the amount of customer purchases after all applicable discounts are applied and before tax is imposed. Eligible customer purchases include sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise, but exclude the purchase of Gift Cards."

I've shopped at Kohl's forever, if you're spending money on your Kohl's Charge, I can't see why it would matter what it is. You should get the Kohl's cash. But don't quote me on that, I've never tried. I do love Kohl's cash though, it's a brilliant marketing strategy.