3-4 pounds chicken
1 large onion , sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact

The Directions.

I used a 6 quart oval slow cooker. Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into slow cooker, on top of the onion.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6. The longer you cook chicken-on-the-bone, the more tender it will be. If you use drumsticks, the ones on the side will brown and may stick to the sides of the crock, burning a bit. If this bothers you, you can rearrange them with tongs an hour before serving.

Serves 6

C

cintinative

I made this before in my old crockpot and it took forever (I think the crockpot was dying). I need to try it again in my new crockpot as it cooks really fast. Thanks for the reminder.

J

Joann121

I used the leftover chicken from this in my fried rice, it was very yummy!

M

MnM's Mama

sounds yummy and no vampire bonus right?
Ok serious question the chicken is raw when you start???
Newbie hre to crockpot cooking got one for my birthday:)
TIA~:)

C

cintinative

MnM's mama, just be sure you check the temp of the chicken before assuming it is done. Not that I am speaking from experience or anything. =)

H

hillaryef

Would this work okay with chicken breasts? If so, would you need to cook it shorter/longer? TIA!!!

S

ssfkat3

ohhhh yummmmmm, only one problem. my kid would not touch that with a ten foot pole. I'd have to eat it all myself. and well, I'm not in need of that much myself, so someone send me a piece :D

hillaryef, i'm sure it would, if bone in, probably check it about an hour early to see if done, boneless, might be done even faster, they seem to cook up quickly no matter how you cook them. I'd be a bit leery with boneless breasts, there's no liquid in this, so they would be in danger of drying out pretty bad if not careful. if you do try it, cook on low, not high would be my suggestion. (I'd try, but I'm thinking I have whole chicken in freezer I may just have to pull out of there....)

to me this dish screams dark meat :D (not cause it's my favorite or nothin')