Frugal Living - Challenge 2021 Daily Frugal challenge

KmmCo

Trader Group
*Breakfast: scrambled egg mexican style - green pepper, onion, cheese, salsa added to it.
*lunch - leftover chinese food that I just microwaved.
*Dinner - mini pizza in the works. Pepperoni, green pepper, and onion.

I did another walk at a free spot (conservation area), took a little sightseeing drive, then went to an auto museum for a couple of hours. The museum was a bit pricey at $21 but I had fun for a couple of hours.

*I found cheap gas while out on my drive $2.57/gallon. Most of the stations nearby are $2.89 so I went ahead and topped off my tank. I really haven't used much gas since I filled up on Sunday in Springfield. At that price though I decided that I had better top it off.

I have noticed sales tax is really high here in town and am glad that I am not buying a bunch of stuff while I am here.

I did some laundry before dinner and am probably just gonna veg out in front of the TV tonight. Nothing wrong with being a couch potato in my view since this week is truly a vacation for me. I feel like I am so busy with doing "chores" at home that even when I am not working a paid job, that I am still "working".

KmmCo

Trader Group
Today, I drove up to Springfield and had late lunch ( or early dinner ) with my old boss from a couple of years ago. Had fun talking to her husband too.... That was my only meal today besides oatmeal for breakfast. I have been snacking on cookies a bit today - I did finally get those made.

*I tried to shoe shop today but didn't even try anything one. It was all either too expensive, too ugly, or not in the right sizes. Oh well, I saved money by not buying anything.

Tomorrow is my last full day here in Branson. I have show tickets for the evening, but am not sure what I am doing during the day. There is really nothing on my "bucket list" for here other than relaxing. I will probably come back to the area again sometime and do more stuff that I didn't do this trip.

KmmCo

Trader Group
This morning, I went for a walk in one of the city parks here. I came back to the room and ate leftovers from last night for lunch. This afternoon, I have been prepping stuff to make a quick getaway tomorrow.

*I boiled some of my eggs to use for salads or for snacks. The rest of my cookies are in ziplocks for snacking on later. I am going to finish off the refried beans tonight for dinner.

* I am meeting a friend in Arkansas at a campground for the night on Sunday. She says I can share the space she is in now, I will give her half the camp fee for tomorrow night when I get there since she already paid for the sight for the weekend. Saves us both money. Also I would not have been able to see her till Monday afternoon if I waited for her to get home from the trip she is on now.

KmmCo

Trader Group
I ended up spending a second night with my friend at her house. After that I went to Memphis and did some tourist things. I also found a campground right outside the city to stay out. (That one cost me $30 but was super nice.)

I decided to make a direct run from there to Birmingham Alabama. I found a nice state park south of Birmingham to stay at that night. (paid with my gift card so free sort of...) Since there was the rain and such moving in from storm Nicholas, I headed straight south to Florida and landed up in Tallahassee. I decided to make a reservation at a hotel with cash plus points that cost me $54.

Today, I am driving on south about 4 hours and staying at another hotel. This one was more expensive at $108, but it is close to the coast and only an hour away from my final destination in St Peter's Beach. I tried to search for availability of camping for tonight and all that I found was gonna cost $40 to $50 anyway, so I just splurged for the hotel once again. I kind of figured that might happen here in Florida anyway....

I did do a fun thing in Alabama yesterday. Went to a museum for $10. It was nice and broke up the drive a bit.

*My friend fed me for a couple of days. I had some heated up leftovers at the first campground after that. The second night, I opened a can of chili and ate half of that. I forgot that I had some stuff in the cooler that I could eat and ended up grabbing a burger last night at Whataburger. (It was good, but I still think I like Freddy's the best of all.)

Today, I will eat my own food that I have already....

Anyway, I am gonna look around for a few minutes in Tallahassee after checking out of the hotel. I will start off on that 4 hour drive after lunchtime so that I get to the hotel right after 4 pm check-in starts. I forgot about the time change last night and ended up here right at 6 pm which is why I was not thinking and just grabbed a burger after checking in.... I was really hungry by the time I got my bag up to the room and got stuff done like setting up my computer....

KmmCo

Trader Group
This morning, I went to the free museum at the Florida state capitol. It was fun though I didn't stay long. I only had enough change to feed the parking meter for an hour and 36 minutes....

I did eat my picnic lunch at a rest area, then mostly spent the day driving. I took one other nice little break at a state park trailhead that was right by the highway. It was a nice short walk. I talked to a ranger that was removing some invasive plants and he was showed me what they were.

After I got to the hotel, I ate my leftovers and am just hanging out. I was gonna run over to the beach a couple of miles away, but my enthusiasm has just died. I don't even want to go down to the hotel pool. I think I might take a hot shower and put PJ's on. TV time tonight maybe. I have all day tomorrow and might do the beach in the afternoon for a bit. I want to explore this area around the hotel tomorrow since I am only an hour drive from where I need to be at 4 pm.

KmmCo

Trader Group
Been busy being nothing but a beach bum. I finally decided the sun was getting a bit much today and actually got out of my swimsuit and dressed. I have not done anything that cost $ yet this week other than gasoline. Yesterday I went to visit an old high school pal and she bought my desert that I ordered. I didn't want lunch at the restaurant that we meet at, but I had a great piece of key lime pie. It was right on the beach though and we enjoyed a walk on the fishing pier and a nice swim afterward....

On Sunday I went to Aldi and got $19 worth of groceries to last the week with what i already had in my cooler. I also bought drinks and a couple of small items at Walmart yesterday. $25 for that stuff, but it included a 24 pack of soda, bottled water, and some liquor too. I wont drink all the drinks, but everything I brought from home is gone. I will restock the cooler with what is leftover when I leave here.

Tomorrow I do have a $25 boat tour scheduled for the afternoon, provided that it does not storm. I was goona do it Monday but they cancelled due to incoming storm with lightening. We got a deluge last night and a short storm blew thru this morning. Normal weather for this time of year here anyway. At least the storms are keeping the temperature down a little bit - usually it is miserably hot this time of year.-

*so far this week I cooked crockpot chicken, mini-pizzas, and eggs for breakfast. I also have had salad and turkey sandwiches for lunches. I made enough crockpot chicken for dinner for 2 more days. I have a little chicken breast that I will grill on Friday for another dinner. If there is any of that chicken left over, I will just use it for a sandwich on Saturday when I travel to Georgia. I am staying in a friend's driveway for a couple of nights so that she can show me the town she lives in. I know her well enough to know we will be trying some restaurants while I am there.

I am finding it cool that I have people I know in so many places. They can give a nice local perspective to the area that they are in. My friend in Arkansas is already talking about where to go camping next time I visit.

Beach bum girl is staying out of the sun for the rest of the day, so maybe TV time or maybe a nap.... I already did one jigsaw puzzle this week and am not really planning to start another today. I do have a crossword book with me and things to read if I really need stuff to do. No lack of entertainment, just a lack of enthusiasm to do much.

M_Lexx

Trader Group
Went on a splurge trip today, a good-sized European (Eastern European to be exact) food market, a Hobby Lobby and an antique mall (in case any one wonders, Factory Antique Mall in Verona, VA, would be a fun stop for those who love browsing well-organized aisles of booths full of various goodies). If it were up to me I'd probably commute between the two 24/7/365 but alas we used to be able to do both twice a year at best and it's been almost two years since our last trip, hence the splurge alert. Got to talk to the lovely ladies at the market and they were curious (and horrified to some degree) why I so rarely get out to buy my comfort food and why I wear a mask, I just laughed it off to the distance and cold.

KmmCo

Trader Group
Got to go on my boat trip today and it was fun. Other than that I just spent time at the beach and the swimming pool. I am not even using gasoline much as the only driving that I did was the 2 miles to the boat dock today.

*Mini pizza for lunch. Dinner was leftover crockpot chicken. That is about the excitement of my day....