User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please note new rule RE internet printed coupons and electronic delivery. UPDATED 5/11/09

Mod Of The Month Dec. 2010
    Sǝɔᴚǝʇɐᴚʎ ʇo ʇɥǝ Qnǝǝu
    COUPON DATABASE EDITOR
    TRADING COACH
    TRADER
    NEWBIE MENTOR
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    SUPER MODERATOR
    HOT HOT HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    110 Thread(s)

Rules Please note new rule RE internet printed coupons and electronic delivery. UPDATED 5/11/09

Please note the addition to the Rules for each of the trading forums.
    These were added to the rules 5/4/09 and went into effect today 5/5/09

Internet Printed Coupons

Members are allowed to trade a limit of 2 each of all valid internet printable coupons. This is not per forum, this is per member.

If you traded 2 or more of a specific internet printed coupon in the past, you are able to trade 2 now under the new rule.

The exceptions to this as of 5/11 are as follows:

1) If more than one legitimate site hosts the same exact coupon and you are able to print 2 from each, you may trade more than 2.
    You must include, in your trade post where the coupons were printed from.
    Example: 6 widget coupons. 2 from the ABC company website, 2 from RP.com and 1 from such and such healthy eating website.

2) If the internet printable site resets and allows for a second round of printing, you can print 2 more and trade 2 more, but again, please note in your post that this is from the coupon reset.

The goal in this is to let members trading for your coupons know where they are coming from. We do not want "mystery IP's" traded here. If you do not know where it came from please do not trade it here.

Also, please note, if you decide to trade for multiple printables with one member without asking for the source of each coupon, we will not mediate a bad trade report if the coupons arrive and are not legit.

Electronic Delivery

You can trade only actual coupons in hand. If you have a coupon received in email or any other type of electronic coupon,you can not trade the link. You must print the coupon and mail it, this applies to all trading forums including Auctions.

Trade Post Archives

There is now a trading archive forum. It is listed with the trading forums.
    This gives trading members one more way to be able to research the history of the member you are trading with.
    Last edited by bugface711; 05-11-2009 at 06:40:14 AM.
    Kristen Site Supermod/Trade Forum Leader Sending support to my friend Judy

FREE 30 trial of Amazon Prime

GROUPON & Swagbucks are my 2 favorite sites. Also LOVING E-bates to earn cash back for online shopping.

*Some deal posts will contain affiliate links I appreciate it very much if you use the links :

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Please note new rule RE internet printed coupons and electronic delivery.

So let's say a person has access to 6 computers that can each print 2 coupons from coupons.com/bricks/smartsource.com...the person can still only trade 2 of these.

Am I understanding you? Your post is a little vague...or is it ment to be vague...hmmm.

Does this apply to only the forum trading or PM'ing also. Like a person wanting 10 of a certain coupon, can they trade 6 of a certain IP to get the coupons they want, as long as they don't post it in the forum, but come to an agreement with another member through PM's.

Non-Participant SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new rule...

Ok a little rant here.
    Let me start by saying I love HCW and think the mods do a great job.
    But this new rule has me thinking...

I'm sure the new rule came from 2 auctions I recently had for Old Navy IP $75/$100 coupons. These are new coupons that reset each week. They have a one time use code on them. They aren't fraudulant or anything like that. I won them fair and square off the oldnavyweekly site.
    I couldn't use them and since so many people were asking for them I thought "Great! I don't need it, someone else does, I need other things, let's see what happens."

I thought to email them to the winner of the auction since they have very quick expiration dates. (From Thursday to Thursday. But I actually won my last one Friday morning...) One of the mods suggested also offering snail mail due to the fact that a rule is you can't trade a coupon you don't actually have in hand. (Ok to me with todays technology an email is "in hand" so to speak. But anyway...) Both winners of my auction had it emailed to them and were very happy! Plenty of time to use them, no wondering if it would show up in time, quick and painless. My mail is so super slow here that to wait and mail it, I wasn't sure it would reach the winner in time.

I understand that we want to keep the coupons we trade or auction here legitimate and on the up and up. But this is a legitimate coupon that resets each week. A brand new one each week.
    If I get lucky enough to win one each week and I don't need it, and there are folks on here that need one and can't win one, then why limit it to only 2 ever? Its not like a Bricks coupon. These reset each week with a new chance to win one.

And if the person that trades or winner of the auction would RATHER have it emailed instead of snail mailed then why not let them? :shrug7:Taking that option away seems unfair.

It just seems to me that in an effort to keep everything on the up and up, it sometimes goes a little too far the other way. Of course I will abide by this new rule even though I don't agree with it. I know if if I don't like it I can go elsewhere. But I love HCW, plain and simple. The good the bad and the ugly..LOL!

Ok everyone, rant over- bash away..lol..Mods I'm sure you guys have plenty to say on this too...

(PS I went ahead and put this in HUTC for the bashing that I'm sure is to follow...)

Mod Of The Month Oct. 2009 TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Please note new rule RE internet printed coupons and electronic delivery.

The new rule is that you may trade only 2. You can print as many as you like, but you can only trade 2 of the same IP here.

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did this new rule come about just out of curiosity, just wanting generalities to understand. Why would this hurt or was there some counterfeits? Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Loving my Carolina Gamecocks!! Let's Repeat as CWS Champs for 2011!!!

TRADER
    SMOKIN'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did an auction for the codes for free movie tickets that came on a catalina - do I need to mail the actual catalina or can I PM the code still?

Thanks!
    Diane
    Want: Muellers Pasta, Francisco Rinaldi, Bar-S, meat winetags, cheese q's,

Mod Of The Month April 2009 TRADER
    ENTREPRENEUR
    HOT HOT HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hi Diane
    if this auction was posted and closed before yesterday, it would fall under the old rules anyway BUT going forward if you are auctioning the actual code and you have not redeemed it yet, you can PM those codes. If you have redeemed it and have the link to print the free movie pass, you can no longer email those, you have to print and send. Hope that makes sense!

Non-Participant SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got to be honest (and hopefully not get in trouble)....I think this rule is very unfair. I have access to multiple computers and am often wanting to trade or even often seeking multiple IP's and can't understand this limitation. Are we at least able to discuss multiple IP's via PM or is that restricted too??

Mod Of The Month April 2009 TRADER
    ENTREPRENEUR
    HOT HOT HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Long View Post
    Why did this new rule come about just out of curiosity, just wanting generalities to understand. Why would this hurt or was there some counterfeits? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl9801 View Post
    I've got to be honest (and hopefully not get in trouble)....I think this rule is very unfair. I have access to multiple computers and am often wanting to trade or even often seeking multiple IP's and can't understand this limitation. Are we at least able to discuss multiple IP's via PM or is that restricted too??
    First let me say noone will ever get in trouble for expressing their opinion in a nice way. ;) Our #1 goal is to protect all traders here and make sure you are not unknowningly passing counterfeit or fraudulently printed coupons through trades. There are several reasons this rule came in to place and people printing multiple counterfeit coupons is one of them.

The rule is 2 of the same IPs per trader, period. I think that over time you will see the benefits to the change.

TRADER
    SCORCHING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast