User Tag List

Thread: Lost my cool today...now what....

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost my cool today...now what....

Usually I just have time to deal with it cause I don't have kids. But, I thought I'd be nice and take the kids to TRU (why not?).

Well, got up front. Had Monopoly Jr., Sorry, and Operation.

Had the printable $5/$25
    and 3 of the $4 coupons.

Cashier : I can't use more then one coupon on the Sorry.
    Me: oh it says for Monopoly too
    Cashier: I know you got that one for free.
    Me: *don't know what I was thinking* O.K. let's go, I don't have time to school every cashier in coupons.
    Hubby: Uh, sorry, I guess we won't get those today *gets my coupons back*.

We leave. I thought, they do this every so often with coupons. And we just stop shopping there for 6 months or so (I don't care how good the deal).

But, I already pre-ordered TS3, TB, and Beauty and the Beast.

I have to go back 3 times (including this Tuesday).

Now what? I really just wanted to play Monopoly Jr. with the kids and Operation. Sorry was just a "filler", we already have it was going to give it away around Christmas.
    Last edited by pasharain; 05-26-2011 at 03:50:07 PM.
    Mom to DS (8), DD (6), DS (4), DD (3), DD (2).

SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lost my cool today...now what....

I was kinda ticked off too. I didn't see the ones that were $7.99 and I got the spedical edition game of life figured i'd hold it for the girls until they got older I got connect 4 and stupid me I got uno wth. uno is made by mattell so I didn't get the 3 rd for free. think I can return all 3 have them do a even exchange on the life and connect 4 return uno and get like the sorry game will it work?

TRADER IN TRAINING
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I think I missed this sale. Where did you get these coupons?

I'd be ticked too. I'd go back though. You likely won't get the same cashier and if you know you are in the right just calmly get management involved. Sometimes a good deal is worth the stress (and sometimes it's really not!)

TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think you should go back and, if needed, calmly make your case to a manager. Being persistent has gotten me far more deals than other couponing friends I know. If they are out-of-stock, I get a raincheck. If the cashier doesn't know what they are doing, I'll take a few minutes to talk with a manager. If the first two stores I go to are out-of-stock, I'll drive to another. Honestly, in two years of couponing, there aren't very many deals that I really, really wanted, that I didn't get. My motto is be nice, be persistent, and be ready to take a few extra minutes when coupons are involved.

I hope you get your games! It also makes me mad when everyone else is getting the deal and then I hear of a few people who where told they couldn't!
    Just when I think I have couponing down . . . . I LEARN MORE & MORE & MORE! - lol! I love trading!! And I live in SC Havelist/Wishlist

SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wahoo returned that one game got one that was a hasbro and it came up right so they gave me an $8 gift card